PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remove felt that drawstop hits on limb?

rdhj
02-24-2013, 03:30 PM
I built myself a drawboard and after checking my onza 3 at full draw..noticed that the cam with the stop is slightly advanced compared to the other one...at rest, the cables pass the module screw perfectly...i am thinking the thickness of the felt pad makes the slight difference....what do you all think

Ehunter
02-24-2013, 04:02 PM
It's not the felt causing your stops to hit differently. Your cams aren't timed perfectly. Taking the felt off can cause a slight "tick" when you come to full draw. It can cause a reasonably noticeable "tick" if you come to full draw fast. Not good when hunting, no problem if shooting targets. I've had a few bows that were missing the felt, and always cut a piece of my own to put on there. You need to put a half twist in the cable that feeds into the bottom cam. Or take a half twist out of the other cable. Either way works.

rdhj
02-24-2013, 04:20 PM
thanks...i was thinking of taking half a twist out of it....i'll give it a try

pizzadave
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
When I first got my cheetah a few years ago, the felt peeled off after about 200 shots. I ended up tearing it off and never replaced it. It did however make a tick when drawing fast. Drawing slow, still an audible tick. It does have purpose and does shed some noise from the end of the draw cycle.

rdhj
02-24-2013, 07:24 PM
got it synced up...had to take three twists out of the cable to get it the hit the stop...wonder how long it has been this way

Sonny Thomas
02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
As already noted, the bow should be timed with all in place. However, I had the pad fall off on my very first Martin and said; "Heck with this." Yep, tossed it and checked the timing and re-set it. And then to allow for the rubber draw stop cover is said to back off the stop 1/32" and 1/32" of a inch can be measured real accurately. No problem. Draw stop set, use a sharp lead pencil and draw line up against the draw stop. Move stop to cover line and tighten down. Replace rubber cover and you're good to go.

Rubber cover in place I've never heard the draw stop "tick" the limb....

CarlosII
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
I have access to a draw machine but I'm not familiar with timing the Nitro cams on my Scepter V. I would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the process. Thanks.

EnglishKev
03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I lost the rubber draw stop cover on all 3 of my Aliens very soon after getting them:(
However, problem solved when I used rubber heatshrink to cover the stops.
Added advantage of being able to adjust the stops with the rubber in place so making setting up easier.:D

Kev