PDA

View Full Version : Strings - Floating vs. Static Yoke

droppixel
03-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Pros/Cons to each. Both my bows are set up with static, but I have a set of ProLine that I won and they sent a floating - haven't installed them so I don't really know the difference in performance btw the two.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
No difference. Floating was made for easier adjustment for idler or cam lean. Hoyt made them for years and have gotten away from them. Once they settle in on the bow it changes nothing.

Hutch:cool:

WildWilt15
03-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Pros/Cons to each. Both my bows are set up with static, but I have a set of ProLine that I won and they sent a floating - haven't installed them so I don't really know the difference in performance btw the two.

Must be nice winning everything... Not only did you win a bow but then won the replacement strings.....

droppixel
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Must be nice winning everything... Not only did you win a bow but then won the replacement strings.....

That set is for the Cheetah. Working on getting the Bengal redressed still.

Sonny Thomas
03-03-2013, 07:12 AM
As with Hutch, the floating yoke has been around for years. Pearson had the floating yoke as well as Hoyt.
Just a personal opinion, but I believe the floating yoke works better with the longer axle to axle bows. Somewhat basically, once the floating settles is that's it, done deal. What equalizing has taken place is there and won't change.
For me and my longer ata bows it was just one thing that I didn't have to mess with. I like the floating yoke.
Working at a archery shop and rubbing elbows with a few bow staff shooters I would recieve different brands and makes of string. Performane wise I never saw a difference. No speed loss or gain. No accuracy loss or improvement.

Hutch could tell you if you saw speed loss or gain it's in the building of the string, different materials, different number of strands and even servings and serving material.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
No change in speed with either. As far as longer ATA no sure Sonny would know better on that. I shoot mid ATA lengths down. Many companies that used them don't anymore and the says a lot.

Sonny Thomas
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Hutch, let's not forget the almighty dollar, time factor and additional small yoke cost. Pretty easy to build a standard buss cable with split end for the yoke and another thing to build a buss cable and then a fully stranded separate yoke.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
I can build either in approx the same time. But mass producers can't. 2 pieces verses one. Which in their eyes is extra time. They will go for the static. I still build a lot of the older Hoyt's with floating yokes but its a pain to get the 2 color floating yoke to rest straight. So I build them one color. Maybe I am fussy. ;)