PDA

View Full Version : Pics of a new members Alien X

pizzadave
03-03-2013, 12:57 PM
First off, I want to thank ehunter for working things out with a friend of mine and making a deal for the sweet alien X he just received. We got the bow set up and tuned this weekend, as well as took a few shots at 20 yards. The bow shoots great, and my friend is extremely happy with his purchase!

Now for the photos

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/darrindietrich/IMG_20130303_113033_989.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/darrindietrich/IMG_20130303_113317_264.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/darrindietrich/IMG_20130303_112944_353.jpg

wscywabbit
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Thats a good looking bow, thanks for sharing the pics! Your friend is very lucky :)

Ehunter
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Dave, I was happy to help. That bow is looking sweet. You guys have done a good job setting it up. Keep us informed of how it shoots for him!

pizzadave
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Dave, I was happy to help. That bow is looking sweet. You guys have done a good job setting it up. Keep us informed of how it shoots for him!

The kid has never shot a bow before, so today during the 20 yard sighting in it was his first time shooting much at all. He is shooting a 3 inch group, and he's never shot before so I have to say he is shooting well with it!

We had a terrible experience at a local shop though! We went to Scheels of Grand Forks, and Cabelas in East Grand Forks. Each had a terrible selection of parts, and the service was not too respectable. We ended up getting the rest, sight, and stabilizer tossed on at Scheels. The way they served the drop away in was by serving above and below a 1/4'' spot on the downward cable, and then he just melted the tip of the drop away cord. He didn't really tie it in there, and he had it so tight, and it was overdrawing the QAD! I was able to adjust it and get all settled there. He also mounted it too low, with nocking point too low, so the rest hit the shelf before even dropping to flat or level. He also left out the set screw to hold the rest in place, and it was barely snugged. As far as the sight goes, the screws that came with the trophy ridge sight were too long so they grabbed some random ones from their bin. They had about 2-3 threads holding the sight on. We went to move his sight to the middle holes instead of the front set, we found those short screws, and one of the screws was totally stripped out! We were able to pound a larger torx head into it and back it off. Where the new d-loop was added, he bunched all the serving up and made the nocks of the arrows super tight. Then we went and got arrows from Cabelas. They cut them off super super long, and we now have to re do that. a 29'' arrow would be about 1-1 1/4'' past the arrow rest, but they cut them to 31 1/2''!!!!!! The arrows go past the end of the riser a good 1/2 - 3/4''.

Anyways, worked out great once we did the setup ourselves! BUT WE WERE PISSED AT BOTH SHOPS!!!!!!

daiwateampenn
03-04-2013, 01:46 AM
looks like a set of barndales limb on the bow... great buy.

Ehunter
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I'd be a bit more than a little upset at the two shops. lol Glad to hear you got everything straightened out and shooting well though. That bow was a dead shot out to 90 yards for me. When I was in good practice of course. lol Glad to hear there's another shooter joining us also.