PDA

View Full Version : More PVC Stabilizers

Plainsman
03-09-2013, 05:18 PM
More Stabilizers (figures 1-8) Saw you guys were cranking out a few PVC stabilizers and thought I would share a couple of mine. Made this one today. Have one on my Bengal I cranked out last year. Just can’t stay out of the shop, but hey it keeps me out of the honky-tonks.:cool:

· Ύ” PVC pipe cute to desired length in this case 5 ½”
· Drill 5/16” hole dead center in one of the blind caps
· Wallow out the hole slightly this will allow for a centered fit with the 5/16” x 24 bolt and nut assemblage
· Slide in and make-up the 5/16” x 24 bolt with nut on outside of blind cap
· Glue in with JB Weld
· Once all of that has dried (overnight) then make up the blind cap with nut and bolt assembly to the PVC tube
· I filled the tube with crushed walnut hulls I had laying around for polishing brass
· Tap the side of the tube to get good compaction
· Knock out some of the filler so that you can get the rubber plug in about a ½” get a good snug fit and then trim off excess
· Tape off the tube so that you can make a fillet of JB Weld to smooth out the square edges of the blind cap. This makes for a smoother transition from the cap to the tube body
· I painted it with a low gloss textured paint

Pics below: Had a few more but only allowed to upload 6 or so. But you get the general idea.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Well done!!

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
03-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Very nice job Plainsman.

A.S

Ankhdad
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Looks great. What do you think the weight is? Or is it more for vibration?
I made one a couple months ago, but it wasn't heavy enough (came in just under 5oz). Think I'm going to add some weight in the end. Used a friends that weighed about a pound and it worked quite well.

Plainsman
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm thinking less than 10. I put a MaxJax on the end just behind the front blind cap so it's really more to take some of the forward vibe out. I will try and get a pic of it on the bow when I get back to Houston.

Plainsman
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
MaxJax installed.:cool:

peace
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Excellent!

smarten up and martin up