PDA

View Full Version : Need Bow Press Recommendation for Scepter V and Seeker....Please!

peace
03-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Would like to keep my bows out of the shop as much as possible and may be traveling to shoots the Lord willing, so I would like to be as independent as possible. Your recommendations would be appreciated. If a bowmaster would get it done fine, but if something more substantial is required I would like to know. So far with my older bows the backing out of the screws has worked pretty good but with the new bows coming I don't know if that is still sufficient.

wscywabbit
03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
The bowmaster has done well for me, nice thing is that its portable. That being said, backing out the limb bolts are still on option even on newer Martins. :)

peace
03-15-2013, 10:33 AM
wscywabbit, good to know....thanks!

bfisher
03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Much the same here. Although I have a bench mounted press in the basement I don't think I've used it in at least 8 years. I do most of my tinkering at my club (outdoors) and the Bowmaster just works well enough. You can get away without the split limb adapters, but they do come in handy at times and who knows when Martin will be changing to split limbs on all their bows, so I'd get a pair of them. I like having a press that I can slip into my hip pocket.

pizzadave
03-15-2013, 05:02 PM
The bowmaster has done well for me, nice thing is that its portable. That being said, backing out the limb bolts are still on option even on newer Martins. :)

Plus one on the bow master. Simple..portable....works well. I have changed strings, tied in peeps, added silencers, and anything else with it. No issues at all!

peace
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, advice taken and acted on, The Bowmaster arrived here yesterday.