PDA

View Full Version : Found my favorite dip pattern

HawgEnvy
03-18-2013, 07:40 AM
This is some cool camo. It's Legends Blaze.
http://ushydrographics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/WTP-648_Legends_Blaze.jpg

typically8
03-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Cool. I mean HOT!

elkslayer4x5
03-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Thats differnt! :)

dzsmith
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
flames are so 90s

Mike G
03-18-2013, 01:34 PM
So what are you going to dip Hawg?

HawgEnvy
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
flames are so 90s

Lol flames never go outta style. Maybe its the gear head in me. Havent decide what I want to dip. The Wildfire camo is pretty slick,too.

http://www.camomyride.com/gallery2.php?CAT=Camo+Patterns&ID=2393#/gallery/764_wildfire-camo.jpg

Tosi
03-18-2013, 01:58 PM
WOW! This may look good on a riser with carbon pattern limbs. Just dipped my Fire Cat 400 in Predator Brown w/carbon limbs and it changed its looks completely. I say Dip Dip Dip....

HawgEnvy
03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
WOW! This may look good on a riser with carbon pattern limbs. Just dipped my Fire Cat 400 in Predator Brown w/carbon limbs and it changed its looks completely. I say Dip Dip Dip....

As joelc says " carbon fiber is for tuner cars w fart can mufflers" lol. I absolutely cannot stand the carbon look. I've passed on many good deals because of that pattern. I was thinking of doing the limbs on my Iron Mace.

wscywabbit
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
ya that's pretty cool!

typically8
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
As joelc says " carbon fiber is for tuner cars w fart can mufflers" lol. I absolutely cannot stand the carbon look. I've passed on many good deals because of that pattern. I was thinking of doing the limbs on my Iron Mace.

Yup I can't stand carbon weave, I'd rather see skulls.

Tosi
03-18-2013, 04:18 PM

You guys are killing me.... I guess I spent to much time in the military, carbon is standard issue. Well it's a cool pattern anyways.

dzsmith
03-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Carbon is the tactical look, though id actually prefer straight black. It's the demand of the markets right now and if you want to compete with others you gotta offer something similar. Flames........ Is a very selective market.

daiwateampenn
03-18-2013, 06:46 PM
NIce flame.....

Deer skull with 8-pointer flame....

peace
03-19-2013, 07:21 AM
You guys are killing me.... I guess I spent to much time in the military, carbon is standard issue. Well it's a cool pattern anyways.

I am with you Tosi, I dig the carbon pattern too, glad Joel doesn't like it that way a premium isn't put on it. But really they can just give me glossy black, green or gold or a mixture thereof for the target rigs. I wouldn't mind rocking the Martin colors. Also a pattern similar to this forum's theme would be a hot dip. With Bengals and Cougars, etc.

joelc
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM

I think Carbon is cool when it's actually Carbon Fiber...the dip process just doesn't do the real thing justice.

Mike G
03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
I like the look of the carbon weave on my CougarFC. I've had so many camo patterns I decided this time to go black, so carbon weave it was.

To tell you the truth, I wish the bow companies gave an option of a barebones riser and limbs. All I need on a bow for hunting is some flat gray mixed with a bit of flat green and brown, maybe a black wavy line here and there. I hate knowing I have to pay extra for this fancy finish because that's what the young pretty boys want. I would buy a new recurve and it would look pretty, the first thing I would do is paint it flat gray or tan.

My long bow is natural hickory on it's front and rattlesnake skin on it's back.

Mike

P.S. I don't think the carbon weave patterns look anything like real carbon fiber. It's just a nice pattern and they had to call it something.