PDA

View Full Version : Will This Hybrix 3.0 Cam Module Adjust to 31" Draw Length?

peace
03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Will This Hybrix 3.0 Cam Module Adjust to 31" Draw Length or do I need a different module?

Well called Joel and got the answer, max out the module to 7+ and then adjust out the handle, what a breeze to get exact draw length. Technology and advanced design are sweet. Well back to Seeker Setup 101. When the student is ready the teacher appears.

pizzadave
03-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Sounds like u found the answer you are looking for! The seeker has a hybrix 3.0 huh? What is the difference between it and a 2.0. My nemesis has a 2.0 and I know its just longer draw length than a 1.5. Didn't really know there was a 3.0

peace
03-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Dave I have never owned the 1.5 or the 2.0 so I can't tell you, but hopefully some of the power archers on here can enlighten us. It seems the 3.0 started in the Seeker a couple of years ago and has moved to some of the 2013 models.

Sonny Thomas
03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
You didn't say the bow was a Seeker ;)

Cams numbers are numbers. Martin had the Catcam, the Nitro and Hybrix (?) 1.5 and 2.0 and now Nitro Hybrid and Hybrix 3S and 3L. Get lost just keeping up with name and number changes. :p

peace
03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Yep, got a 2011 Rytera Seeker on Tuesday and one on the truck right now that I am waiting for, got these two (both risers in Black Carbon weave and limbs are Bonz camo)from KMArcheryhut.com for such a good negotiated price I am embarrassed to disclose publicly. I don't think this Hybrix 3.0 cam is a short or a long as with the Seeker you have an almost unlimited drawlength choice. That was exactly what I learned when I call Joel. There is no other adjustment module for this Cam, once I wrapped my mind around that it was a no brainer to set the DL.

Sonny Thomas
03-21-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm ignorant at this time, but I heard Small and Large for the 3 Hybrix. Not a whole lot of difference, I don't think. I had the Shadowcat with 1.5 cams and Hybrix mods. Yep, I did. Sonya gave the answer to me on this. This was the loner 2010 Shadowcat I had for a time that had the upper riser shift. It has the squarer riser grip. The revised 2010 Shadowcat had the more contoured riser grip.

Still, not truly draw length per sa. This meaning the overall draw length changes, but the power stroke is still the same. Changing the handle position is like adding a longer loop.

peace
03-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Aww! Excellent point about the power stroke. I didn't think of that. Is there a module with an 8 and a 9 position?

archerx7
03-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Aww! Excellent point about the power stroke. I didn't think of that. Is there a module with an 8 and a 9 position?

The early (pre 09) cat cams had an optional long draw mod available with #8-#9 markings.

Sonny Thomas
03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Not that I know of.....

wscywabbit
03-22-2013, 05:18 PM
The flip side to that story its that even though the power stroke stays the same, the brace height is increased, correct? So it should be more forgiving...

peace
03-22-2013, 06:17 PM
The flip side to that story its that even though the power stroke stays the same, the brace height is increased, correct? So it should be more forgiving...
True that, I am @ about 8.25" for BH! I shot one group of 4 5" feathered arrows and stopped as I didn't want to bust those up, and right then my new arrows were finished and in hand, Muddy Bloodsports HT2's @ 400...with blazers.