PDA

View Full Version : Decided: Will Mount a Micro Revolution on my Scepter V....

peace
03-23-2013, 12:33 AM
when it comes. I know this goes against conventional wisdom but what's a Revolution for if not for change. This rest captured my imagination about 2 or 3 years ago and now I will have three.

http://youtu.be/d-G3fJJV_OU

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-23-2013, 01:02 AM
You won't be sorry! nice accurate rest. Easy to install and quiet.

Hutch:cool:

typically8
03-23-2013, 08:42 AM
D'oh mine is still in the box. Any tips Hutch for the set up?

wscywabbit
03-23-2013, 09:58 AM
You can't go wrong with a revolution! I love mine. And @ typically8, just follow the directions in the box. I changed my strings recently to a set of Hutch's, and didn't follow the instructions, just eye balled the install. I looked good, but every few arrows the rest wouldn't rotate. Luckily its easy to tell when it fails because the rest won't allow the next arrow to be nocked until it's flipped. I took it apart and put it back together right, and haven't had an issue since. :)

daiwateampenn
03-24-2013, 07:31 PM
i have the non micro version, which had with me for a year now and sent more then 1 or 2 thousands of shot. still working flawlessly.

use it for hunting, and target shooting.

its my first drop away rest, and i will be sticking on this rest..... my next rest will be the micro version.

but im experience is that, this rest cant be flip if you using long 4" vanes, where the jaw hits on the vanes to close the jaw. but now im a 2" inch vane user, and my 4" vanes is in the closet....

peace
03-25-2013, 12:58 AM
I used 5" inch feathers when I first setup the rest and although the rest did contact the feathers on containment at about the first 3/4" of an inch, it didn't affect the shot at all. I could see where the vanes would be more unforgiving and would probably need to be fletched a bit closer to the nock. But I have also changed to the 2" blazers. It takes me a real long time to change but when I do I revolt. :cool:

bfisher
03-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Although I've always preferred micro-adjust in a rest I've NEVER needed Capture or some type of arrow holder. But then that's just my opinion and a reason there are a hundred different drop aways on the market.

CaptJJ
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Its the opposite for me, I only hunt with my bows and want a rest that cradles the arrow so it can't fall off, but never really needed micro adjustments.

Phantonza
04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
After only two months of ownership, my Revolution rest (attached to my Nemesis 2012) broke. I was shooting outdoors, temperature was just below freezing. I liked the rest, but naturally lost confidence to it as it broke when shooting. So I returned the rest and bought QAD Ultrarest HDX instead. It's a pity - I really liked the Revolution. The rest was correctly installed (no fletching contact).

The upper and lower "fork" broke apart at the axle. There is a metal stick inside attached to the axle that revolves and very little plastic material around it. The plastic feels good quality and persistent when you touch it, but infortunately it is just the surface. Inside, it is cheap, hard plastic.

peace
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Phantonza, sorry that happened but evidently you got a better rest, I have had to rethink my proposition as I have already changed the rest on one of my Seekers from the revolution to a LimbDriver Pro. I was having timing issues with it and Mark Hall of Andover Archery didn't have a hard time in convincing me to change. The LimbDriver Pro has no timing or fletch issues and works wonderfully.

Glad I learned a little something, something before I had a failure.

DeanRM
04-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Tough to beat a LimbDriver Rest (unless your sponsered by someone else)!!!

alienshooter
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't own a revolution but my friend has one on his Bear Attack, it works great. I shot the bow many times and it performs well.
Why I didn't buy it? Well the guy from the pro shop I was at said fletching would catch, thats why I didnt get it at the time. He was trying to sell me on a rip cord but I got a qad hdx instead. Like I said I used my friends and it works great and thats what I get for listening to someone without trying the product.

Tosi
04-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Tough to beat a LimbDriver Rest (unless your sponsered by someone else)!!!

Ck, i'm with you on the LD. I have 3 of them, two pro's and a standard. They work in all conditions and they get out of the way of fletching contact and or FOBs.