PDA

View Full Version : Deer Weighting 1900 lbs.

peace
03-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Here listening on the phone to an old friend from Brooklyn, NY a real city boy telling me he saw a deer that had 8' of antlers and must have weighted 1900 lbs, and the funniest part is he is stone sober serious, LOL! He said the deer ran up to his car window and he shouted at it to make it run away. I am hysterical. :cool:

droppixel
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
LOL a moose maybe?

peace
03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
LOL a moose maybe?

That was my only thought but I didn't want to mention it to him because I didn't want to mess with his fantasy! :rolleyes:

wscywabbit
03-28-2013, 04:47 PM
its the thirty point buck! lol (an old hunting song for those that don't know ;))

Pyro
03-28-2013, 06:32 PM
ok so this is a link to what was one of the best breading stags in my country sir tristram, tho ive never seen nothing like him in the wild
http://www.tradedeer.co.nz/SaleDetails.aspx?SaleID=27

Sonny Thomas
03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, more than likely a moose. Still, startled, he could have seen the animal the way he said.
The largest living rack buck I ever say was that of a whitetail deer called 30/30. Seemed he scored something around 400 inches.

Now, I've seen bucks here in Fulton County, Illinois that our huge racked, looking like Elk, and my heaviest went over 310 pounds. However, around November or December of 2003, right before I retired, I was driving home and just before Banner, Illinois, here this monster buck started across the highway. His monster size, not super monster racked. Now, I was in my truck and he looked huge. Huge as he was me and my truck wasn't about to be a collision report...or worse. I was on the brakes. I was all but stopped right at 20 yards from him. He sort of give my truck a sideways look and kept on walking, walking across the highway like he owned it. Story told I recieved many stories of a huge buck seen at the same location.

Skbengal
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
A 1900 lb deer with 8' of rack! That must be one of those dinky little whitetails you boys have down south! Up here in Saskatchewan, where we grow REAL deer, we pass on those little guys. Take a look at this rack that was taken just 15 miles south of me. We don't know for sure what he weighed, couldn't find a scale big enough to weigh him! But as you can see, the rack would'nt fit in the guy's garage! Now you know why the world record comes from Sask! Have a great day!7897

Arrow Splitter
04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Keep showing racks like that and you'll have no deer left up there because U.S. hunters will be there.:p

A.S

peace
04-03-2013, 12:24 AM
A 1900 lb deer with 8' of rack! That must be one of those dinky little whitetails you boys have down south! Up here in Saskatchewan, where we grow REAL deer, we pass on those little guys. Take a look at this rack that was taken just 15 miles south of me. We don't know for sure what he weighed, couldn't find a scale big enough to weigh him! But as you can see, the rack would'nt fit in the guy's garage! Now you know why the world record comes from Sask! Have a great day!

ROFLOL! That is truly funny! :D I think I am changing citizenship.