PDA

View Full Version : martin shadowcat letoff

gius79
04-04-2013, 03:24 AM
Hi all,
i am a new user of this forum,
and i would like to know if it is possible to have some other
cams for Shadowcat 2011, 29" AMO drawlength (actually i have NytroCam 1.5 letoff 80%)
that permits to have a 65% letoff. I shoot with backtension, so i prefer a lower letoff.

Thank to all,
have a nice shoot!

Sonny Thomas
04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Not quite understanding your question. You have NitroCams that can range from 80% down to zero if you do things right and you say 65% is not low enough? You want less than 65%?

gius79
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Not quite understanding your question. You have NitroCams that can range from 80% down to zero if you do things right and you say 65% is not low enough? You want less than 65%?

Sorry if my question wasn't enough clear.
My NitroCam 1.5 has 80% nominal letoff.
I would like to have 65% letoff!

So, i ask if i have to change cams or i can setup the drawstop
in order to achieve 65% letoff with these cams without problems.

Thanks.

elkslayer4x5
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
You can achive 65% let-off by using a longer draw setting and moving the draw stop closer towards the Minus mark. I am sure that someone who shoots the Shadowcat will be along to tell you exactly how its done. Meanwhile, search "Shadowcat" and you'll find a lot of post on that very subject. Welcome to the site. :) My ole dinasaur Slayer is much easier, just bolt on the 65% modules. :D

bfisher
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I understand. In your intitial setup you set the module to your desired draw length. Then you set the draw stop to give you the best feel for valley and/or letoff. This creates what we refer to as "the wall". You can use the draw stop to fine tune your draw length. I'll assume you have this part done. So now the draw length is correct by using the draw stop. Now to change the letoff you leave the draw stop alone and move the module to the next longer setting.

This reduces letoff, but understand that it also creates a lesser valley. I've never done this myself but I do know the procedure.

Don B
04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I understand. In your intitial setup you set the module to your desired draw length. Then you set the draw stop to give you the best feel for valley and/or letoff. This creates what we refer to as "the wall". You can use the draw stop to fine tune your draw length. I'll assume you have this part done. So now the draw length is correct by using the draw stop. Now to change the letoff you leave the draw stop alone and move the module to the next longer setting.

This reduces letoff, but understand that it also creates a lesser valley. I've never done this myself but I do know the procedure.

x2 ^^^
Don.

Sonny Thomas
04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Will add; Cams slaved together there is no worry of cam going out of sync. If you do, hang on as the Cat cams will want to go...

gius79
04-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Ok,
thank you all, the most important information for me is that
tuning drawlength and letoff in this manner (that i already known)
can't causes problem to the bow, also moving a lot from the nominal
80% of Martin technical specification and going down to 65%.

Hear you next time!