PDA

View Full Version : been awhile

polaris754
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
U guys thought i crawled off and died , well i almost did, never made it out at all to hunt last year, arm hert to much, was really bummed bout that,kinna thought i was gonna bounce back , nope, well 2 weeks ago was bored as all hell,finally broke the bow back out and hiked it up to bass pro ,was all hipped up to find out had a hour wait to get a lane, [ ammo shortage got the bow shooters out] hooked up after a long wait, shocked my self ,was wackin xs fer bout a hour ,then a instructor popped on to give a lesson,,he decided to let me take over ,man that felt good.wanted know if i shot on a league, said hell no, this was a good day, i really havent shot my bow since um july aug ,well anyhoot really had to stop shortly after that,could feel the pain creepin up, couldnt believe that i was still pullin70 lbs dang old bow shot great as always,as long as i do my part lol, kinna got the itch fer sat ,might get out and give it another go, really miss shootin , was so bummed finally found my old target thawed from the snow in the yard ,ps dogs ate it

Sonny Thomas
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey! Polaris! Man, you have been gone for a time. Glad to see up and shooting. Hey! Don't go messing up the arm! Go easy and build up.

HawgEnvy
04-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Drop some weight,bro. Don't screw yourself outta this season too.

Money Man
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Drop some weight,bro. Don't screw yourself outta this season too.

what he said, plus glad to see you back

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah polaris, take it easy on the recover process. After my knee operation its taken a whole year to get back on track.

Hutch:cool:

Ankhdad
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Welcome Back!
and remember...this is why we have Ibuprofen!

bfisher
04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Glad to see you back. Maybe you need to learn from the rest of us old folks. You don't need to shoot 70# any more. 60# or so will take care of things the size of elk and moose and won't tear your body apart in the process of preapring for the hunt.

wscywabbit
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
nice to hear you're getting back up and around! Shooting is great therapy, IMO, but like the others are saying, you should drop the weight down a bit and ease back into it. I know just after taking a bit of the winter off after hunting season, I could feel it when I started shooting again... take er easy, no rush ;)

polaris754
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
yeppers guys thanks for the good thoughts, kinna did the weight drop already ,lost 30. on a good day i punch in at 180. didnt make it out last week as planned , just felt it wasnt right for some reason and didnt go. hope to get back in full swing soon , still batteling the fear of hert,

elkslayer4x5
04-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Pretty sure that they were talking about draw weight rather than body weight. No need to pull 70 lbs.

polaris754
04-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Pretty sure that they were talking about draw weight rather than body weight. No need to pull 70 lbs.

lol 4x5 body weight 180