PDA

View Full Version : Splitted Pantera limbs

ithaqua
04-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Hi,

My names's Sylvain, I'm french and I write for a friend who doesn't speak english at all, and who has a problem with his pantera.
A few month ago, there were a huge crack at drawing. Now, the upper limb is splitted / cracked on almost 3 inches.

What can I do??? Normally, Martin bows have a lifetime warranty, and this is a known problem on Panteras.... the archery where my friend bought is bow say the french 1 year warranty is over, so they don't want to help. I've written one time at Martin archery, and two times to Joel Clark... never had any reply too.

I've asked Joel what to do for the warranty, or even how much they would charge for a new set of limbs, in the case they wouldn't take them under warranty. At least I could understand he doesn't reply for a free set of limbs, but for paid ones...

So, can I considerate my friend's bow is still under warranty? If even yes, can I expect a new set of limbs for free (I can pay for shipping costs of course).
if even no, where could I buy a new set of limbs, and what would be the price inclueding shipping costs to France?

Any help would be very apreciated, as the problem lasts for several months now...

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Welcome to the forum!
The Limbs should be under warranty. I would call Customer service and explain to them and they will set you up. Joel C is a busy person and might of missed your emails.

Hutch:cool:

elkslayer4x5
04-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Most likely, you'd need to stay up at night so that you could call Joel @ the customer service phone number during Martin's business hours. Sorry, but I don't have the number at hand or I would post it, but I'm sure that someone that does have the number will post it for you. Probably going to lose some sleep in order to get this done.

ithaqua
04-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Well, to be honest, I read english, i write it (not well as I'd like), but unfortunately, I never speak, and so I'm not used to hear english spoken... especially American accents.... so I'm affraid to call Joel, because I think I won't be able to understand anything, and I'm not sure Joel would understand anything with my strong french accent...
So if I have no choice I'll do it, but I'd prefer a contact by email with Joel...

Now, if someone would be nice enough to call Joel for me, it would be really apreciated :D , but i don't want to bother anyone...

peace
04-07-2013, 12:16 PM
I have got to call him on Monday about my problem with a Seeker, so tell me exactly what he needs to know to contact you. Pray that my memory bank will not be overwhelmed by my own problems. :cool:

daiwateampenn
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
email to martin customer service, they will take good care of u. together attach picture of the splitted linb.
Joel has tonnes of email to take care of. he will reply u. i got mine email replied in 2 week time, and limb sen5 to me in one week time, and it free of charge.

great customer service.... long live Martin archery.

peace
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
If you check the Martin Archery website and look for email support you will find that it is down. I would have used email rather than posting my own problems if that were not so.

ithaqua
04-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Well, maybe I'm not clear enough (please tell me if my english is so bad that you don't understand something).

I've emailed to Martin customer service in december. As I had no reply, I've posted on archery talk, and I got Joel's email adress. I've emailed him 2 times (january and february), with joined pictures of the limb, serial number etc... I never had any reply at all.

I know Joel is very busy, but in my case, he never took care of my problem.
I'm sure Martin archery is a great brand, and they truely take care of their customers, but 3 emails and zero reply.... what do you sincerly think my friend thinks about that???? The shop doesn't want to help him... the distributor doesn't want too, and then the manufacturer never replies.

I'm sure I'll finally get the limbs to fix his bow, and honestly, I was sure it would take a few weeks to solve the problem, but I didn't think about months. When we'll get them, my friend will be able to say "YES, Martin rules..." , but for now he begins to be a bit fed up.... who should blame him???

@peace: if you call Joel, please ask him to find my emails (ithaqua.dcc@free.fr) . I'd be glad to give him any infos he could ask for.

elkslayer4x5
04-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Nice offer Peace. Joel also reads some of the posts on this board and so may already be aware of ithaqua's ( Sylvain ) friend's Pantera limb problem. So all you may need to do is to facilitate the contact. Very kind of you to offer the help. Sure makes me proud to be a part of this board. :)

ithaqua
04-08-2013, 10:51 AM
I've tried to reply 2 times today, but I couldn't see my message... Hope this try will be succesful

Well, thank you for your help peace... I'm sure that Joel doesn't want to ehhh...avoid me (here is my lack of vocabulary... I don't know the good word to use, but I'm sure you get the idea).

I was sure it would take a while to get new limbs (but I wouldn't imagine so long), so I'm patient and I wait for the moment I'll finally be in touch with Joel, but my friend is young (19YO) and is a bit fed up...

I've PM'd to you, peace to give you my email adress, but I don't see my message in my sent box, so I don't know if you got it.
If even it's not too late, and if you speak to Joel, can you please say him to check his emails from ithaqua.dcc@free.fr ? I've joind several pics of the limb and the serial number of the bow... I'll be glad to give him any info he may need.

In all the case, thanks a lot to all of you who help and try to find a solution.

joelc
04-08-2013, 11:07 AM
We were not open for most of December or January. I have yet to see any emails from you. International warranty procedure is to work with a local dealer or distributor. Please contact europe@martinarchery.com for more information.

ithaqua
04-08-2013, 12:16 PM
We were not open for most of December or January. I have yet to see any emails from you. International warranty procedure is to work with a local dealer or distributor. Please contact europe@martinarchery.com for more information.

Hi Joel, glad to have news from you, and thank you for your reply :D
Ok, I'll email your european distributor directly. I hope it help, as the local dealer doesn't want to do anything, as the national 1 year warranty is over. They also say the lifetime warranty doesn't apply in france, so they don't want to help us (they told me they've asked the european distributor who agrees). It's why I've tried to contact you personally.

So, I'll email them today, will join the pics and SN, and wait for your reply... Can I contact you again if I have no reply from them?

macflash
04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Welcome friend,
No worries you type better than most of us :p
Sylvain, let us know if your distributor will or will not help you
I'm just on the other side of the mountain from Joel so between all of us I'm sure we can work something out.
keep us informed, We over here can't stand it when the Government trys to poke into things they should just leave alone. It is an eye opener for all to see what controls and regulations can do to "customer service"
Joel I sent you a "just in case" PM,
Sylvain I will try to help on my end if needed, end of the world scenario, My friends mom is french swiss, we'll do a three way call;)
Derik

joelc
04-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi Joel, glad to have news from you, and thank you for your reply :D
Ok, I'll email your european distributor directly. I hope it help, as the local dealer doesn't want to do anything, as the national 1 year warranty is over. They also say the lifetime warranty doesn't apply in france, so they don't want to help us (they told me they've asked the european distributor who agrees). It's why I've tried to contact you personally.

So, I'll email them today, will join the pics and SN, and wait for your reply... Can I contact you again if I have no reply from them?

I can't believe they would tell you that the warranty doesn't apply in France...your bow is definitely covered!!!

ithaqua
04-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately, it's true (I've two witnesses).... Why do you think I've chosen the hardest way, trying to contact the manufacturer, in a language that is not mine, instead of simply ask the seller to do the necessary? My friend did, and if I wouldn't have offered to contact the manufacturer, the bow was going to the bin..., or to be sold for parts.

They certainly believed that my friend would trust them, and buy a new bow... USA are soooo far from us... what would be the chance that a customer directly tries to contact the manufacturer, instead of follow like a sheep?

Today, I've sent an email to the distributor, at the address you gave me. I told them you, Joel, asked me to contact them. I've send the pics, so I wait for a reply from them... If they're as pro as you, they'll do their best to show how Martin Archery is close to its customers. But when it's finished, I'll be more than happy to come back to the shop, and tell them they're as***les, and definitely tell them Martin bows are lifetime warrantied.

peace
04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Well Joel is on the case.

ithaqua
04-22-2013, 01:54 AM
So....
After I've been contacted by Paul Hagg, telling me he has the green lantern fro the HQ to change the limbs, I've contacted my local distributor, and sent them the email from Paul as a proof. They've ordered them, at LAS Distribution, which is their French distributor, and nothing for a week.
I've called LAS Distribution this morning, and they replied me "we' ve ordered the limbs from Martin USA, but they're very very long to ships stuffs, it can last several months to get your limbs !!!" (My local dealer told me they wait for a bow since january...)

Is it a joke??? I really can not imagine a second Martin makes his customers waiting for 3 or 4 months for limbs, cams, bows or other...

So, Joel, could you please ask someone to ship the limbs quickly? I'm fed up with all these as****les rejecting the fault on the manufacturer, instead of assuming their own responsibility.
When I'll get the limbs, I'll post on French forums this story, telling to French customers that if they have a problem to get their replacement parts, the manufacturer isn't faulty.
More and more people here prefer to buy their bows directly from USA... Even if you add shipping, VAT and fees, the price is quite the same as in an archery shop (sometimes a bit lower). AT the end, why to buy in shops? there are huge problems, even if the bow is still covered by the warranty, and none of the 3 shops around where I live (60 miles at least) are able to tune a bow (really!!! one of the guy told me the AtA isn't important, and the bow will work the same with 1/2" more or less !!!)

I'll tell you when I'll get the limbs in my hands ;-)

bfisher
04-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Hope Joel gets on here and answers you.

ithaqua
05-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Well,

more than one month has passed, and absolutely no news from anybody...
LAS Distribution says they still wait for Martin to ship the limbs... No news from Joel too... I've been busy for a while, so I didn't watch for the limbs (so many things to do!), but I begin to be upset.

So, I don't know who's responsible, if somebody at Martin's is sleeping instead of shipping the limbs, or if they wait for a 10 millions dollar of order to ship a full boat or plane, but I begin to think everybody doesn't do his job at Martin's...

The bow is covered
Joel gives green light to change the limbs
My local dealer has ordered them at the European distributor
The European distributor has ordered them at Martin's
One month later, the limbs are still not shipped from Martin

What is the problem??? We're on May, nearly June!!!

bfisher
05-20-2013, 08:41 AM
You could email Joel and see if the limbs have been shipped yet, and if so what date. Did we give you his email address? joel@martinarchery.com