PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech destoyer

TEN RING
04-14-2013, 04:45 PM
As most of you know I bought a destoyer a little while a go and was not happy with it some ask for a review at the time it seemed like I was fighting the bow and the feel was not there so I put it up for sale. so today wale last night I took the destoyer back out of the box set it back up today was the nicest today that I had to shoot it I changed stabilizers moved the draw stops and changed arrow to a lighter spine and the bow felt so much betterand grouped better, I think shooting it for the first times in the cold, wet and windy days may have been a factor, I set up my chonogragh 315 fps with a 348 gr. 60 lb 29" draw so for now I keeping it and I keep my onza on one wall and the destroyer on the the opposite wall didn't know if I should keep them that close together LOL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Bout time! nice!

Hutch:cool:

TEN RING
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
This time of the year I'm cutting my fire wood for next season 10 cords a year so I took a half day off from cutting wood to get my haed around the bow so to speak I want to start shooting some 3d's next month

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a plan. I use too do fire wood but I changed to pellets and that was so much better. Cheaper too! Well hope you have a good 3d shoot!

TEN RING
04-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a plan. I use too do fire wood but I changed to pellets and that was so much better. Cheaper too! Well hope you have a good 3d shoot!

My electric bill went from $196 to $22 with the wood burner I don't pay for wood I just go in the yard and start cutting but I did fine a guy that will bring me a truck load of logs about 8 cords for $350, I haven't shot a 3d in 2 years need to nock off the rust don't need these kids showing me up

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Could be very interesting if you don't shake of the rust. I use a little wood but pellets are a lot cheaper.

Sonny Thomas
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Love 'em or hate 'em seems the order of things of Bowtechs. And this goes back almost from the start of Bowtech. I guess you have to be a Techie to really love a Bowtech.

Bowtech came on the scene, then everybody went bonkers over their 3 wheeler. The 3 wheel design wasn't new by several years. McPherson or Jennings? I think Golden Eagle...Back then I think it was called the BowTie because of the shape of the "3rd Wheel." And then Bowtech made it a round wheel. Actually a idler wheel, I guess. Anyway, the 3 wheeler caught the attention of shooters and Bowtech was on the road. But, the longer the Bowtech 3 wheeler was shot the slower it got (dang, is that poetry?) Can't even find one today.

And then came the Black Knight? 350 fps of pure mean. ??? 2004 or 2005...For sure 2005 as I have the Bowtech manual for 2005. I got to shoot one. Fast? Absolutely! Kick? You bet. About like shooting a hot loaded .38 Special one handed. Never did figure out if it was accurate cause I was trying to hold on to the bow. Steve K, a Bowtech dealer, had one set up and stuck it in my hand.

So short bows and me? Nope. I opted for the 37 1/2" ata Old Glory. Ordered it new in black marble. It was pretty. It was accurate, it was fast, but on the order of my 2000 Hoyt UltraTec. The downside; It drew like it was 75 plus pounds and it maxed at 61 pounds on the scale and by the Bowtech Birth Certificate.
Felt more like dragging concrete blocks. Now, before I ordered I asked Steve to check for possible next year changes. He called; "Nope, will be just like it is now." Guess what? Yeah, Bowtech went with the smoothie cams and they couldn't be fitted to the 2005 Old Glory, limb change or something.

So I turned down the Old Glory to about 47 or 48 pounds for the 2006 IAA State Indoor Championship. Back injured to the point I could barely walk I gritted my teeth during the two days of shooting and finished 3rd in Senior Free Style. Laid up for the next three months, but as soon as the doc turned me loose I put up the Old Glory was half what I paid for it and it sold the same day.

I don't know how the newer Bowtechs are because when I sold the 2005 Old Glory I swore to never own another. As such, I've held to my promise. Won't even pick one up.

daiwateampenn
04-15-2013, 06:09 AM
315fps on 348g arrow, tat is speed

dzsmith
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
This time of the year I'm cutting my fire wood for next season 10 cords a year so I took a half day off from cutting wood to get my haed around the bow so to speak I want to start shooting some 3d's next month

we sell a lot of wood down here to, me and dad prolly do 10-15 but in highschool we did 24 cords a few times. i only sold 4 this year, its a lot harder to do on my own time, being that i work full time and all

bfisher
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Love 'em or hate 'em seems the order of things of Bowtechs. And this goes back almost from the start of Bowtech. I guess you have to be a Techie to really love a Bowtech.

Bowtech came on the scene, then everybody went bonkers over their 3 wheeler. The 3 wheel design wasn't new by several years. McPherson or Jennings? I think Golden Eagle...Back then I think it was called the BowTie because of the shape of the "3rd Wheel." And then Bowtech made it a round wheel. Actually a idler wheel, I guess. Anyway, the 3 wheeler caught the attention of shooters and Bowtech was on the road. But, the longer the Bowtech 3 wheeler was shot the slower it got (dang, is that poetry?) Can't even find one today.

And then came the Black Knight? 350 fps of pure mean. ??? 2004 or 2005...For sure 2005 as I have the Bowtech manual for 2005. I got to shoot one. Fast? Absolutely! Kick? You bet. About like shooting a hot loaded .38 Special one handed. Never did figure out if it was accurate cause I was trying to hold on to the bow. Steve K, a Bowtech dealer, had one set up and stuck it in my hand.

So short bows and me? Nope. I opted for the 37 1/2" ata Old Glory. Ordered it new in black marble. It was pretty. It was accurate, it was fast, but on the order of my 2000 Hoyt UltraTec. The downside; It drew like it was 75 plus pounds and it maxed at 61 pounds on the scale and by the Bowtech Birth Certificate.
Felt more like dragging concrete blocks. Now, before I ordered I asked Steve to check for possible next year changes. He called; "Nope, will be just like it is now." Guess what? Yeah, Bowtech went with the smoothie cams and they couldn't be fitted to the 2005 Old Glory, limb change or something.

So I turned down the Old Glory to about 47 or 48 pounds for the 2006 IAA State Indoor Championship. Back injured to the point I could barely walk I gritted my teeth during the two days of shooting and finished 3rd in Senior Free Style. Laid up for the next three months, but as soon as the doc turned me loose I put up the Old Glory was half what I paid for it and it sold the same day.

I don't know how the newer Bowtechs are because when I sold the 2005 Old Glory I swore to never own another. As such, I've held to my promise. Won't even pick one up.

Pretty much archery hasn't changed as much as some people think or the younger group realize. There is no free ride. Speed is a matter of stored energy. Work in results in work out. You want a fast bow you have to work harder at it, all things being equal. Some people today ask for smoother drawing bows. That means a softer cam and the rsult is less speed, pound for pound. They so hung up on having to draw a certain poundage. They don't understand that in many cases you can shoot a harder cam at up to 10 lbs less draw weight to achieve the same speed as the softer cammed bow. This makes the harder cam seem a lot less aggressive and easier to draw, and with less draw weight the shoulders, elbows and other joints will last a lot longer.

This is America where bigger or more is always better. The younger generations have been sold a bill of goods and eat it up, thinking they are less manly if they are shooting something comfortable. It's speed at all costs and this translates into Kinetic Energy for the hunting crowd. People have lost the idea of what archery is about----accuracy. Some will say they can shoot a 70 or 75# bow all day. I say, "Go shoot a field round and tell me honestly if your last shot was as good as your first one". OK, so they don't shoot field. Just shoot about 150 arrows then over the course of about 3 hours.

alienshooter
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Pretty much archery hasn't changed as much as some people think or the younger group realize. There is no free ride. Speed is a matter of stored energy. Work in results in work out. You want a fast bow you have to work harder at it, all things being equal. Some people today ask for smoother drawing bows. That means a softer cam and the rsult is less speed, pound for pound. They so hung up on having to draw a certain poundage. They don't understand that in many cases you can shoot a harder cam at up to 10 lbs less draw weight to achieve the same speed as the softer cammed bow. This makes the harder cam seem a lot less aggressive and easier to draw, and with less draw weight the shoulders, elbows and other joints will last a lot longer.

This is America where bigger or more is always better. The younger generations have been sold a bill of goods and eat it up, thinking they are less manly if they are shooting something comfortable. It's speed at all costs and this translates into Kinetic Energy for the hunting crowd. People have lost the idea of what archery is about----accuracy. Some will say they can shoot a 70 or 75# bow all day. I say, "Go shoot a field round and tell me honestly if your last shot was as good as your first one". OK, so they don't shoot field. Just shoot about 150 arrows then over the course of about 3 hours.

I agree bfisher on the poundage, speed and kinetic energy. I got a 2010 alien x which I thought was 2011, well the bow maxes out at 72.6# I can pull it easy but after 30 to 50 shots I'm shakey and my accuracy is bad. So I turned it down to 65.2# easy to pull back more accurate and I can shoot longer, equals more fun, my shoulder may last longer now. My new Alien is 69.4# its ok to pull but i may turn her down too for accuracy purposes. I may loose a little KE but my shoulder will last.

"Sonny Thomas" I shot many "newer" Bowtechs I like the bows, the experience mainly but I got my 2013 Alien instead. I liked the way the exp. shot I may buy one soon but that doesn't mean I don't like my Martin or Rytera. I like both companies since I'm from Washington State Martin and Bowtech are local to me.

Have fun shooting! my 0.2 cents!

TEN RING
04-15-2013, 02:23 PM
The bow is smooth up to the hump witch is not that bad, once I got the valley to my liking it very shootable I here people say nitro cam has a hump to me it smooth all the way though

elkslayer4x5
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
I agree bfisher on the poundage, speed and kinetic energy. I got a 2010 alien x which I thought was 2011, well the bow maxes out at 72.6# I can pull it easy but after 30 to 50 shots I'm shakey and my accuracy is bad. So I turned it down to 65.2# easy to pull back more accurate and I can shoot longer, equals more fun, my shoulder may last longer now. My new Alien is 69.4# its ok to pull but i may turn her down too for accuracy purposes. I may loose a little KE but my shoulder will last.

"Sonny Thomas" I shot many "newer" Bowtechs I like the bows, the experience mainly but I got my 2013 Alien instead. I liked the way the exp. shot I may buy one soon but that doesn't mean I don't like my Martin or Rytera. I like both companies since I'm from Washington State Martin and Bowtech are local to me.

Have fun shooting! my 0.2 cents!

Made in Eugene, OR, 20 miles up I-5 from here.

alienshooter
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Made in Eugene, OR, 20 miles up I-5 from here.

Heck Yeah! More local than me, and still like Bowtech!

I agree with TEN RING the Nitro cams are smooth!

bob cooly
04-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Not a big fan of Bowtechs CS, they won't even ship me a Flexguard for my 2010 Iceman and nearest shop is 4 hr round trip drive. They have a MUST take to dealer policy on all parts.

Sonny Thomas
04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
315fps on 348g arrow, tat is speed

Well, 13 years ago the other "M" had the Black Max, 70 pounds, 30" draw, 350 gr arrow for 330 fps. Years later I shot one and liked it so much I tried to buy. He wouldn't sell.

CarlosII
04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
isn't there a bowtech forum somewhere??? :D
i've owned a couple of bowtechs including a brigadier...sold it cheap cause it was soooo slllooowww...replaced it with a shadowcat and never looked back. now have a scepter v and haven't found a bow yet that i like better. the 101st would eat your lunch if you creeped even a hair, never did like that one.

TEN RING
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM
isn't there a bowtech forum somewhere??? :D
i've owned a couple of bowtechs including a brigadier...sold it cheap cause it was soooo slllooowww...replaced it with a shadowcat and never looked back. now have a scepter v and haven't found a bow yet that i like better. the 101st would eat your lunch if you creeped even a hair, never did like that one.

Just because I own a bowtech not go lumping me in with them (you have to shoot bowtech or your bows crap guy's). I had the 82nd couldn't take not having any valley any more if it would of had draw stops I think I would still have it I filed down the modules got a little bit of valley:)

Sonny Thomas
04-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Just because I own a bowtech not go lumping me in with them (you have to shoot bowtech or your bows crap guy's). I had the 82nd couldn't take not having any valley any more if it would of had draw stops I think I would still have it I filed down the modules got a little bit of valley

Easy. Carlos was just funnin'. Did you see the ;)

Good, bad or indifferent, a bow is just a bow. I shot the older Pearsons, Golden Eagle (gone these many years), Hoyt from 1999 up, Bowtech, Martins, and again the newer Pearsons. I can't remember one of them clunkers or not being accurate, just some I liked better than others.

No matter how you cut it, owning any bow, or any archery tackle for that matter, is more a person perference than anything. You like it, you use thing.

TEN RING
04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Easy. Carlos was just funnin'. Did you see the ;)

Good, bad or indifferent, a bow is just a bow. I shot the older Pearsons, Golden Eagle (gone these many years), Hoyt from 1999 up, Bowtech, Martins, and again the newer Pearsons. I can't remember one of them clunkers or not being accurate, just some I liked better than others.

No matter how you cut it, owning any bow, or any archery tackle for that matter, is more a person perference than anything. You like it, you use thing.

forgot my smiley, I put one in

elkslayer4x5
04-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Just because I own a bowtech not go lumping me in with them (you have to shoot bowtech or your bows crap guy's). I had the 82nd couldn't take not having any valley any more if it would of had draw stops I think I would still have it I filed down the modules got a little bit of valley:)

Not to worry TR, we won't lump you togather with those other BlowTech guys, we know that you are a Martin man at heart. :)

wscywabbit
04-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Not to worry TR, we won't lump you togather with those other BlowTech guys, we know that you are a Martin man at heart. :)

At least you'd BETTER BE! LOL/jk

bob cooly
04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
WE all need to shoot different bows from time to time, and hope the the sale of Martin will allow us to continue to buy affordable, shootable bows with great CS and not the BS of other companies that require a return of the bow to retailers for the most minor parts and service. Espc. if you live in the sticks like I do.

TEN RING
04-20-2013, 03:32 PM
WE all need to shoot different bows from time to time, and hope the the sale of Martin will allow us to continue to buy affordable, shootable bows with great CS and not the BS of other companies that require a return of the bow to retailers for the most minor parts and service. Espc. if you live in the sticks like I do.

The one thing this bow has done is to help tighted up my form the bow makes you work for that good shot every time