PDA

View Full Version : New Job

Arrow Splitter
04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, I start work as a machinist for Artemas Industries on Friday. My last day at Shaw's Supermarket was last Friday.:cool: I will be working for Artemas on Fridays only until I am done college, then I'll be full-time.

A.S

typically8
04-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Be carefu. Good luck.

Money Man
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
congratulations, nice to see that hard work paying off

daiwateampenn
04-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Great to hear that.....

Who knows one day you are the boss of urself......

Ehunter
04-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Congrats AS. I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition to their work force.

urparanoidaboutyourbrand
04-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Congrats....good luck. be careful!
get your degree!!! U don't want to be out in this world without it.

wscywabbit
04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
RIGHT ON! Congrats on the job and good luck on your future success! ;)

TEN RING
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
congrats on the in job

macflash
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
OUTSTANDING YOUNG MAN !!:cool:
that my friend is a good trade, I hope you learn many things, DO NOT FORGET COLLEGE FINISH THAT !! ;)
Bet Dad is happy to
Best of luck bud, lkeep us in the loop
Mac

Arrow Splitter
04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

For those of you that don't know I graduate from Nashua Community College with an Associates Degree in Advanced Machine Tool Technology on May 18th. I will be working full time starting the week of May 12th.:cool:

A.S

macflash
04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

For those of you that don't know I graduate from Nashua Community College with an Associates Degree in Advanced Machine Tool Technology on May 18th. I will be working full time starting the week of May 12th.:cool:

A.S

Tell you what, ( just a suggestion) If I had it to do over, I would work and continue my ed. and go on for Bachelors ;), or better! I have one associates, and 2 others that the market tanked on, that are just short of associates. If I would have sucked it up and gone on to bachelors I could have gotten into a company that would have let me get my masters paid for and I would have lots more bows and rifles than I have:o

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Tell you what, ( just a suggestion) If I had it to do over, I would work and continue my ed. and go on for Bachelors ;), or better! I have one associates, and 2 others that the market tanked on, that are just short of associates. If I would have sucked it up and gone on to bachelors I could have gotten into a company that would have let me get my masters paid for and I would have lots more bows and rifles than I have:oIn my field, I won't be needing a Bachelors, especially because I don't have a desire to become an engineer.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 10:38 AM
My first day on the job went well, and I think I'm going to like it.:cool:

A.S

bfisher
04-21-2013, 11:17 AM
In my field, I won't be needing a Bachelors, especially because I don't have a desire to become an engineer.

A.S

Maybe you don't have the desire now, but you may change your mind some day in the future. Go for the BA while you're still young enough and U suppose dad is helping pay for it. Congrats on the new job. Is this internship by any chance?

Double S
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Well done A.S. !. The hard work in school is paying off!. Thumbs up!.

Skbengal
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Congratulations A.S.! Hope you love your new career! So, does this mean that we can expect to see the Bow String Depot, offerring custom machined bow accessories on their new website?

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Well done A.S. !. The hard work in school is paying off!. Thumbs up!.
Thanks DS.:)

Maybe you don't have the desire now, but you may change your mind some day in the future. Go for the BA while you're still young enough and U suppose dad is helping pay for it. Congrats on the new job. Is this internship by any chance?Thanks Barry. It's not an internship, I'm doing the real thing and will be going full-time the second week of May.

Congratulations A.S.! Hope you love your new career! So, does this mean that we can expect to see the Bow String Depot, offerring custom machined bow accessories on their new website?
Thanks SK. You might be seeing bows and accessories in the future, but nothing very soon. I want to someday make my own compound bow.:cool:

A.S

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Here's my company's website: http://www.artemasind.com/home.php

A.S

typically8
04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Maybe you don't have the desire now, but you may change your mind some day in the future. Go for the BA while you're still young enough and U suppose dad is helping pay for it. Congrats on the new job. Is this internship by any chance?

Listen to Obi Wan. Just saying.......still happy for you though.

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Listen to Obi Wan. Just saying.......still happy for you though.
Since I barely saw any Star Wars I had no idea what you were talking about until I googled it. LOL

As to futhering my education, I may end up taking a few extra classes related to my field. Thanks all for the advice though.

A.S

typically8
04-21-2013, 09:29 PM
OMG!!!! I am dying over here. Obi wan is a master Jedi. A padawan is like a Jedi in training. A youngling is Jedi in training that is young. Dude, you gotta see Star Wars.Omg!!

Arrow Splitter
04-21-2013, 09:30 PM
LOL Now you got me laughing....:D

A.S

macflash
04-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Since I barely saw any Star Wars I had no idea what you were talking about until I googled it. LOL

As to futhering my education, I may end up taking a few extra classes related to my field. Thanks all for the advice though.

A.S

"It is not try or try not, it is do or do not" (YODA IS THE ... MAN???)
Even though you get the degree, with most companies around even trying to get into the manufacturing portion you need the papers. When I was in the auto industry, even though there weren't many ASE certified mechs that could keep up with me ( not bragging I promise), I still needed the papers saying I was actually a mechanic. also you may be able to use what you learn in the shop to help the company out !! they really like it when you do that. more school will help in design and set up.and Just a thought, if your gonna be doing CNC there ... maybe dad has some room for a mill downstairs, and you could start building risers, then all you guys need is some carbon fiber experience and you'll be making whole bows ... just a thought

Arrow Splitter
04-23-2013, 08:40 PM
A mill will come eventually I hope. Maybe someday money will grow on trees, so I'll have my own shop sooner.:cool::p

A.S