PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Fury XT cams

Diang
04-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Hello everyone.I am new into archery and i am going to move to compound.I was searching for bows and i checked the specs of Martin Archery's pantera.
The adjustability of fury xt cams,the axle to axle length and length draw(i am about 6' 4" tall and from what i searched my length draw is about 30.5") makes it to be my choice since i plan to go for target shooting and hunting.
How difficult is for a bow technician to tune fury xt cams?I am asking this since i asked the guy in the pro shop about poundage range and he said that compounds have a range of 10pounds.And Pantera comes with a range of 15 and if the fury xt cams are tuned, the range goes to 35 pounds.

Thank you very much in advance,best regards
Dimitris.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-21-2013, 05:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, as for adjust-ability Martin makes some of the best. Martin bows do not need a bow press, so you are able to do all you own work with simple tools. Martins owner manuals will show you all the adjustments, but I am sure some of the member / owners of these bows will tell you some of the tricks. I am sure there will be more replies as the day goes on.

Hutch:cool:

typically8
04-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the forum. I just got the bow in question. It is super easy, there is a peg you hook the string to in order to change to a lower weight setting, the draw length module is easy to move as well. I have only just started tinkering with it and so far I do like this cam system. Shoot straight.

Diang
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome and the replies.
Once everything goes through with getting my archer id card i will go through with the purchase.
It's been decided.

typically8
04-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Please explain an archers Id card?

typically8
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh, and look at the Bowmaster Bow Press. $50 . Its easy to use and beats going to the shop for this/that.

Diang
04-22-2013, 01:16 AM
well the thing with the archer's id is kinda funny...
I dont know if i mentioned it,but i live in Greece.
Greece has a ton of red tape issues and a bow is considered a weapon.The police officer explained to me that is considered a weapon because it can kill a person(if i hit somebody with a laptop on the head probably i will kill him,but almost everyone has a lap top and it is not considered a weapon).
So the archer's id card is an id card which shows that you are a valid and active archer at a sports club and you can justify having a bow and move it from place to place.

droppixel
04-22-2013, 06:47 AM
well the thing with the archer's id is kinda funny...
I dont know if i mentioned it,but i live in Greece.
Greece has a ton of red tape issues and a bow is considered a weapon.The police officer explained to me that is considered a weapon because it can kill a person(if i hit somebody with a laptop on the head probably i will kill him,but almost everyone has a lap top and it is not considered a weapon).
So the archer's id card is an id card which shows that you are a valid and active archer at a sports club and you can justify having a bow and move it from place to place.

And here I go thinking FOID cards in Illinois are pretty silly ...

typically8
04-22-2013, 10:52 AM
foid? To help "avoid the Noid?" explain please.

droppixel
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
foid? To help "avoid the Noid?" explain please.

Firearm Owner ID card - IL only State that requires you to have one in order to purchase, transport, shoot, handle, own a firearm legally and must have one in order to purchase ammunition of any kind.

droppixel
04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
And regarding the Fury XT - I have plans to do some digging into it once I get all my ducks in a row, which should be soon. I'm confident there is more to be gained with my Bengal, it is just a matter of playing around with it and seeing exactly what the cam can do.