PDA

View Full Version : Hybrix 2.0 to 1.5 Conversion

HIArcher
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
I am looking to change my 2012 Nemesis Hybrix 2.0 Cam to 1.5 to get a more comfortable slightly shorter draw length. Being new to archery, what would I need to change on the bow to accommodate this change? New cam, cable, strings, limbs? I assume I would have to go to Martin for some of the items needed for the change but are there aftermarket items available anyone would recommend? Thanks.

Ehunter
04-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Cams, cables and string, yes. Limbs, no. Might be able to find the cams on Archery Talk, and Hutch can make you a set of great strings/cables at a VERY reasonable price. Might also be worth a call to Martin and see what they'd charge to convert it over for you.

HIArcher
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Cams, cables and string, yes. Limbs, no. Might be able to find the cams on Archery Talk, and Hutch can make you a set of great strings/cables at a VERY reasonable price. Might also be worth a call to Martin and see what they'd charge to convert it over for you.

Ehunter, thanks for your suggestions. I did call Martin today and have decided to stick with the 2.0 cams since the cost of new 2.0s would run $224 plus restringing. Joel suggested twisting the string to shorten about another quarter inch. While I don't have much of a valley on the draw, I can live with the current set up since it hasn't affected my accuracy or lack of same. Thanks again for your suggestions.