PDA

View Full Version : Phone thing question

Sonny Thomas
04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
So I got this email today and I wasn't really in the mood, like bad attitude. It was from Archery Time, whatever that is. Anyway, the letter was a yard long and spouting of accessing everything real quick on your computer or Iphone or whatever phone. I guess archery news, scores, live scores, who's who and archery equipment of every kind.
And then a bit later I get another saying they made a error and gave a quick access with a call name and password. I'd say bit pushy.

So this person up and took "swing" at me stating technology today had more than half the people attending a 3D event in "my area" carrying one of those phones that can access everything. So I accepted his challenge and asking if he was making a bet and that I'd take it. He has not responded ;)

Personally, retired, fixed income, I'm not spending money for some toy to play with and especially to play with when I'm at a 3D to compete. And besides, I'm on Dial Up and quick access to the internet is like click on and go get me a cup of coffee or a diet something drink. Facebook! 15 minutes just to get loaded up so I can do anything! I know DH has one of them phones and CS has one, but he doesn't do archery.

So the question;
How many have one the phones that access whatever and whenever?

Ehunter
04-25-2013, 02:54 AM
I do and the only good thing I can say about it is, I use mine as a "tether" for my dial-up. Much faster than the old land lines we have out here. Other than that, I hate new "smart phones". My first cell was an old Kyocera that would make, and receive calls. No camera, no text, nothing else. You know, the things a PHONE was meant to do. lol

HawgEnvy
04-25-2013, 06:12 AM
Iphone 4s here.

Lung Buster
04-25-2013, 07:33 AM
hTc EVO 4G for me! Why think when your phone can do it for you right? Technology is crazy these days! I pretty much use my phone to keep up with emails for work because I am in and out of the office all day. I don't have a bazillion apps.

elkslayer4x5
04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
No high tech phone here, just an cordless house phone that I MAY awnser, but you can leave a message. :D

typically8
04-25-2013, 08:28 AM
I am writing this on my phone. When there is service it is sooooo much faster then the computer. I just wish I could load pics directly.

Sonny Thomas
04-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Okay... Could you elaborate some, like in regards to archery scores, archery items, archery related searches? And do you use them while shooting or just shooting the breeze at a club?

And not forgetting, phones and the such are supposed to be shut off during sanctioned events. Club events I suppose is okay, but I sure got perturbed with one of my friends. That dang phone of his was always ringing.