PDA

View Full Version : Martin Threshold info

OnzaXX
04-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Looking for some info on the Threshold,

1. What is length of the limbs?
2. does it use the pivot ball mounting (i.e. can the limbs be used on older Martins as replacements)?
3. What are the deflection rates the limbs are available in?

elkslayer4x5
04-25-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that the limbs are interchangable.

joelc
04-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that the limbs are interchangable.

I dont have a limb length handy but I can tell you for sure that the limbs are not compatible with any other Martin bow. The Threshold is manufactured overseas and distributed by Martin.

dzsmith
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
"The Threshold is manufactured overseas and distributed by Martin."

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! :(

OnzaXX
04-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Well shoot, I guess that option is out. Thanks for the info Joelc

macflash
04-25-2013, 11:27 PM
"The Threshold is manufactured overseas and distributed by Martin."

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! :(

Why am I picturing Luke Skywalker when Darth tells him who dad really is, or Frodo Baggins

pizzadave
04-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Way to steal the OPs thunder Joel! Haha..... I am a bit surprised . But I would imagine that is the most efficient way to make a cheap entry level bow. It doesn't surprise me.....thing looks outdated and I think it is an eyesore.

dzsmith
04-26-2013, 08:20 AM
well i had once thought of buying it for a bowfishing rig

joelc
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Way to steal the OPs thunder Joel! Haha..... I am a bit surprised . But I would imagine that is the most efficient way to make a cheap entry level bow. It doesn't surprise me.....thing looks outdated and I think it is an eyesore.

Sorry to be such a downer but every major archery manufacturer sells products that are built overseas. Americans demand the least expensive products they can get their hands on and industry delivers...at the same time they demand the highest wages. Go Wal-Mart!

joelc
04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
well i had once thought of buying it for a bowfishing rig

So you dont own anything built outside of the US?

OnzaXX
04-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Just asked a few simple questions and I started an argument. I applaud Martin in marketing a quality bow for beginners to get into the sport. Many people can't drop $800 on a new bow, this gives them something to start with and go from there.

joelc
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Just asked a few simple questions and I started an argument. I applaud Martin in marketing a quality bow for beginners to get into the sport. Many people can't drop $800 on a new bow, this gives them something to start with and go from there.

It's less than an ideal situation but it's the only way to compete in a global economy. I can tell you this...I can count on my hands how many warranty issues we've had with the Threshold bow in the last 3 years. We have sold tens upon tens of thousands of these bows with virtually no issues or need for warranty work. It's not the coolest bow we've offered but it's reliable and gets the job done.

bfisher
04-26-2013, 10:37 AM
What ^ said. Go buy an entry level Mathews and see if it's $200. The only one I can think of is that Genisis and that has very limited uses. Certainly not enough for hunting. Heck, Mathews will try to rape you almost that much for one of it's bow quivers.

joelc
04-26-2013, 11:36 AM
What ^ said. Go buy an entry level Mathews and see if it's $200. The only one I can think of is that Genisis and that has very limited uses. Certainly not enough for hunting. Heck, Mathews will try to rape you almost that much for one of it's bow quivers.

I'd be willing to bet that the Genesis and/or it's parts are imported

HawgEnvy
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I'd buy used off CL or a forum b4 I'd consider the Threshold. I paid $200 or less for all 3 bows in my sig complete set up.

urparanoidaboutyourbrand
04-26-2013, 12:51 PM
I bought my son a used mathews genesis from a local dealer. It was loaded with the exception of a quiver and arrows. but for $125 I couldn't go wrong. It's a 10-20lb. It's now cranked down all the way and it penetrates targets pretty easy. It would kill alot of animals within 20 ish yards. Not a deer...If it could be cranked another 6-8lbs....i have no doubt that it would take a whitetail down.

My son loves shooting it. Really likes the grip, easy to pull back. The craftsmanship is excellant for a begginer bow. I've shot it for fun a few times....Good Product.

As to where it's actually made....I'm not sure.