PDA

View Full Version : Prowler XT setup

Capital_Ken
04-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm setting up my Prowler that has 60# limbs. I have a26" dl and now I'm wondering if its even possible to shoot this bow at 60# with my short dl. Am I just reading the manual wrong?

HELP!

themiddleman
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Capital ken I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should have bought a 70 pound bow and set it on the -10 peg that would have allowed you to go to your 26 draw length at 60 pounds. You can reach your draw length on the -10 peg with your bow but your Max poundage will only be approximately 50 pounds.

pizzadave
04-26-2013, 05:09 AM
I am surprised that the weight changes with length? I though the tension of the limbs was what changed poundage more than the length? Must be something with the fury xt cam? I set up a 60# ridge hunter with accutrak cams for a buddy and his is set to 27" and his weight is 62#s

bfisher
04-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I am surprised that the weight changes with length? I though the tension of the limbs was what changed poundage more than the length? Must be something with the fury xt cam? I set up a 60# ridge hunter with accutrak cams for a buddy and his is set to 27" and his weight is 62#s

AcuTrak was a different cam with a different module setup. With the XT cam when you move the string from the standard peg to the -10 peg it means just that; 10# less peak weight. If you move it to the -20 peg it's 20# less. That's how they can advertise it with a 35# weight range. Along with the weight range dropping there is a corresponding change in the draw length range. The orientation of the cam is changed which also changes the preload on the limbs.

If you want 60# out of the bow with the present draw length then I suggest you take the bow back to your dealer and see if he'll swap it for a 70# model or have him call Martin and maybe they'll swap limbs.