PDA

View Full Version : Martin Pantera

WildWilt15
04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Who is shooting one? How's the performance? Kicking around the idea of picking one up I shot one awhile back and fell in love with the accuracy but I picked the onza instead.

It would be primarily a hunting rig and maybe some 3d shoots when I give the nemesis a break, lol. Talk me into buying one just don't twist my arm to hard lol:cool:

typically8
04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
I just got one and threw an old rest/sight on it (waiting for birth day gifts). Any way it sure is a smooth draw and piece of cake to set up. So, I am liking it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

droppixel
04-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Who is shooting one? How's the performance? Kicking around the idea of picking one up I shot one awhile back and fell in love with the accuracy but I picked the onza instead.

It would be primarily a hunting rig and maybe some 3d shoots when I give the nemesis a break, lol. Talk me into buying one just don't twist my arm to hard lol:cool:

CURVEBALL!! How did you like the Onza?

MartinIsMyMiddleName
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM

I was going to get the Onza, but picked up the Pantera instead. Anyway, I haven't had mine that long, but I'm really enjoying it. I've probably put about 400-500 arrows through it so far. Had someone at the range tell me it looked really fast - not sure that I could tell from just watching the arrow fly myself... - but its always nice to hear. I haven't put it through a chrono to find out.

Everything else is good, it might be a little noisy, but not loud enough that I've bothered to try and quiet it.

weldorj81
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM
It is an awesome bow!! I had a Bear Attack before the Pantera and that was a great bow, fast and quiet. This Pantera isn't as quiet or fast as the Bear but it sure does draw a hell of a lot smoother and is a pleasure to shoot. I can shoot all day long and not feel fatigued, and its scary accurate. The longer ATA is something that I quickly fell in love with, it holds very steady and drives tacks. With all that being said my only complaint is that I have developed a buzzing noise in idler wheel, mostly likely shims but could be bearings (hoping just shims). I would not hesitate to buy this bow, you won't be dissapointed.

weldorj81
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Side note: I'm shooting a 28" draw at 60#'s with a 404gr arrow and getting 255fps consistantly through the chrono. Like I said, not a speed demon but I hit my mark every time.

typically8
04-30-2013, 04:37 PM
I was going to get the Onza, but picked up the Pantera instead. Anyway, I haven't had mine that long, but I'm really enjoying it. I've probably put about 400-500 arrows through it so far. Had someone at the range tell me it looked really fast - not sure that I could tell from just watching the arrow fly myself... - but its always nice to hear. I haven't put it through a chrono to find out.

Everything else is good, it might be a little noisy, but not loud enough that I've bothered to try and quiet it.

I like my Onza. IMO it draws a little more harsh. It is very fast. It did kill 2 does and 2 rocks so, it is a killing machine. IMO the single cam Pantera is just smoother draw. I am happy with both.

Arrow Splitter
04-30-2013, 08:05 PM
I just got one and threw an old rest/sight on it (waiting for birth day gifts).He hopes. LOL:D

As far as the Pantera is concerned, it wouldn't have been made for so many years if it wasn't a good bow.:cool:

A.S

WildWilt15
05-01-2013, 12:08 AM
CURVEBALL!! How did you like the Onza?

Loved it tuned out well and drove tacks at ibo speed sold it to upgrade and I gotta say the nemesis 35 does everything the onza did only a tad bit quieter. I shot solo cams all 14 years of my archery life before the onza and I just miss the simplicity of them.

WildWilt15
05-01-2013, 12:15 AM
If I picked one up it wouldn't be until probably 3 maybe 4 weeks from now and it would have to be bonz camo with cloaked cams I always loved the look of the cloaked cams, and I always loved my Martin solo cam bows...... Must be a sign I HAVE to get one lol.

wscywabbit
05-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Congrats Wilt, I've always liked the Pantera, and with the Fury cams I bet it'll be an awesome add to your arsenal!

WildWilt15
05-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Tried to get a quote today from a new local dealer and was definitely surprised at his business efforts and won't be buying from him this might have to be my first ebay bow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Tried to get a quote today from a new local dealer and was definitely surprised at his business efforts and won't be buying from him this might have to be my first ebay bow.

Ebay'd a lot of my bows no regrets

Hutch:cool:

WildWilt15
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Yeah just checked ebay and there is some good deals on there for sure i just want to make sure i get exactly what i want.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah just checked ebay and there is some good deals on there for sure i just want to make sure i get exactly what i want.

One of every thing!

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't know what price range you're looking in, but try this one:http://kmarcheryhut.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_157_190&products_id=633

A.S

WildWilt15
05-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't know what price range you're looking in, but try this one:http://kmarcheryhut.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_157_190&products_id=633

A.S

Good Find! could i get the cloaked cams in bonz or is that not an option from martin? i know they wont do skulls.

typically8
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
I like kmarcheryhut. I have bought 3 bows from them. However, they did not accept my offer on a silencer. I will give kudos to another Ebay Martin seller, "outdoorsportsindiana''. I bought my Pantera from them and it got here super fast w/ no problems. they have alot of Martins for sell.

Arrow Splitter
05-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Good Find! could i get the cloaked cams in bonz or is that not an option from martin? i know they wont do skulls.I'm not positive if the cams can be in bonz, but I do know that the site says that bow was pictured in Vista but sold as Bonz. Your question sounds like a Joel question.:cool:

A.S

Ehunter
05-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Even if they don't do the cams in Bonz, most places only charge $20-30 to dip cams. Could always take them off and have them dipped to match.

HIArcher
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I like kmarcheryhut. I have bought 3 bows from them. However, they did not accept my offer on a silencer. I will give kudos to another Ebay Martin seller, "outdoorsportsindiana''. I bought my Pantera from them and it got here super fast w/ no problems. they have alot of Martins for sell.

I have 2 bows from KM and would like to see what else is outhere. I could not locate the outdoorsportsindiana. Does this company have another name?

WildWilt15
05-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Now i gotta make a hard decision on either buy the pantera here shortly or buy a new recurve hmmmmm bow problems really suck..

otisT
05-03-2013, 11:57 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/outdoorsportsindiana/m.html?item=221210438882&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33812b6ce2&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

on Ebay, anyway; if links are allowed. Otherwise, do an "advanced" search in 'sellers'

peace
05-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Both!

typically8
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/outdoorsportsindiana/m.html?item=221210438882&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33812b6ce2&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

on Ebay, anyway; if links are allowed. Otherwise, do an "advanced" search in 'sellers'

Thanks OtisT. I could not get to a real computer fast enough. But that is them. I offered right in the middle of 200-300 for my new Pantera.
PEACE is right get both. Why go through all the could of, should of crap? DO IT!!DO IT!!!!!

Arrow Splitter
05-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Now i gotta make a hard decision on either buy the pantera here shortly or buy a new recurve hmmmmm bow problems really suck..

I know what it is...you're making this difficult....BUY Both!!!;)

A.S

WildWilt15
05-05-2013, 07:52 PM
LOL both in time i think i will pick up the pantera first and the recurve later.

Arrow Splitter
05-05-2013, 07:53 PM
LOL both in time i think i will pick up the pantera first and the recurve later.I think you're on to something WW.:D

A.S

Dale817
05-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I've had my Pantera 4 mos. now and still think its an awesome bow,one thing about the fury xt cam is if you don't like how it feels you can change it.it's so adjustable you can tune it to your taste.I also bought mine from kmarcheyhut they are a good seller with good deals.

WildWilt15
05-06-2013, 10:29 AM
I've had my Pantera 4 mos. now and still think its an awesome bow,one thing about the fury xt cam is if you don't like how it feels you can change it.it's so adjustable you can tune it to your taste.I also bought mine from kmarcheyhut they are a good seller with good deals.

Awesome! i messed around with one at my local club and it just felt so buttery smooth to me i knew i would be looking at them in the future. How is the speed of your fury xt cam I keep reading everybody is dissapointed with the speed but i can't find any real world speeds anywhere on this bow!

Dale817
05-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't have a chrony(my next purchase)so Ican't give you any actual numbers but judging from my pin gap 20to60 it seems about as fast as most.I'm shooting a 403gr goldtip at 30" and 63#

WildWilt15
05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Good and bad news I decided to do the responsible thing and get back into school to chase my career choice that i have always wanted and the bad news is i put any archery purchases on hold with the exception of some new sticks for the nemesis (arrows) and a stabilizer i know in the long run this is the right decision and i have plenty years of archery purchases to make.

typically8
05-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Well you never said there was a door #3. Good call and good luck.