PDA

View Full Version : Fury xt question?

Pyro
05-04-2013, 11:15 PM
So hutch posted off my new string a couple days ago, so while i wait for it to come into the country i decided to remove and reinstal my old string a couple time to make sure i dont do anything silly to the new one. Well durying one of these rehersals i decided to experiment with the diffrent posts on the cam and found out the -10# post draws at 64 with fully tightend bolts the same as i had tumes it to before and seems smother to pull. Tho the string isnt in full contact with the cam when the string is at rest. So my question is do you think this will slow the bow down by much?8053

typically8
05-04-2013, 11:42 PM
So, you moved it to the -10 and screwed the bolts in to get the same draw weight (64#) you had previously set it at but on the other peg? I would say no but lets see what the Masters say.

Pyro
05-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Poundage is the same but rotation is diffrent now so could be faster for all i know... Tho ill probly crono it when i fix the damage from a slight slip up i had tuneing a couple weeks back. Just want fo know what it should do not what it will do...

droppixel
05-06-2013, 07:56 AM
The rotation on the cam is normal when adjusting with the pegs. There is a diagram floating around here somewhere that shows that.

wscywabbit
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
The rotation on the cam is normal when adjusting with the pegs. There is a diagram floating around here somewhere that shows that.

Exactly right, the orientation of the cams will change with the peg, so will the axle to axle, the brace height and the draw length. They're a pretty cool cam to play with! And yes, Joel posted a diagram of the cam setup somewhere....

Pyro
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
just got the tape mesure out and brace .2 of an inch less which i sopose theroreticly give a up in speed but would imagine it would not be noticed on a crono. But end of day it dose feel better than i had it before and now the bolts are right in so i shouldnt get fern and scrub caught up on me bow so much.

joelc
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM

Here is the Diagram

wscywabbit
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks Joel! I tried finding it, but couldn't remember which post it had been in before. :)