PDA

View Full Version : The Bengal with new strings

bob cooly
05-11-2013, 08:32 PM
8089 Thanks Hutch for the new strings. The only people happier than a guitar picker with new strings is a bowhunter. Autum and Black look awsome on the bow. I used a Hoyt cable slide as my Martin one was eating the strings, have a hyperglide on order. Removed the STS and put a straight rod, used my Terrible Rigging Ghosts of the past for some damping and this thing does'nt even need whiskers. It's that quie't used one for the cable slide too as a stop, send me all the old TRG rubbers you can, they actually work for this. 4" shieldcut feathers just clear the new rigging. The Hoyt slide moved the cables in slightly removing some torque. Installed a new IQ 7 pin site and next is to the range.

typically8
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Looks good. That autumn is a nice color. I also like the big blue bowl.

Dale817
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Looks good,I have the hyperglide on my Pantera and shoot 4" shield cut feathers with no clearance issues whatsoever.they fly great

dzsmith
05-14-2013, 05:46 AM
8089 Thanks Hutch for the new strings. The only people happier than a guitar picker with new strings is a bowhunter. Autum and Black look awsome on the bow. I used a Hoyt cable slide as my Martin one was eating the strings, have a hyperglide on order. Removed the STS and put a straight rod, used my Terrible Rigging Ghosts of the past for some damping and this thing does'nt even need whiskers. It's that quie't used one for the cable slide too as a stop, send me all the old TRG rubbers you can, they actually work for this. 4" shieldcut feathers just clear the new rigging. The Hoyt slide moved the cables in slightly removing some torque. Installed a new IQ 7 pin site and next is to the range.

is that an iq bowsight, if so how do you like it and it is heavy?

wscywabbit
05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
That's a good looking rig! And yes those colors do go well with it ;)

TEN RING
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
looks great

bob cooly
05-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes it is a new IQ 7 pin sight. All three of my bows wear one and all three have a Ripcord arrow rest. So I guess you could say if I find something that works for me, it works. Managed to take our local clubs Senior Coumpound class last year with bows set up this way. I am (used to be) 6'4" and I can't get my nose on the string (stiff neck from staring into the sky for 30+ years) so the Retina Lock works for me as the 3rd reference point in my shooting. They are a solid sight so they are heavy compared to some.

bob cooly
05-17-2013, 09:02 PM
809680978098 As I wanted to paper tune the Bengal before heading to the range and the winds been wild. It took me all of these shots to get it shootable one is the 4" shieldcut and one is the Blazer. What do you think all with no lazer other than my eyes.

bfisher
05-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Looks close enough to take it outside when the wind dies down. I would venture a guess and say that now the real tuning begins.

bob cooly
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Acually it is spot on to 40 yards, sorry no picts. as the wind was still going.