PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Johannesburg

Sanity Assassin
05-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi all, have been browsing the forum since i bought my Bengal pro, thought it was about time that i registered. Really loving the new bow and this forum, lots of knowledgeable people.

Was curious as to the best way to set up the draw weight on the bow, do i keep the string on the standard post and adjust using the limb bolts(i am currently set up this way),or should i turn the limb bolts all the way in and use the' - ' post's on the cam ? does it make any differance ?

Looking forward to chatting

Paul.

WildWilt15
05-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Hi all, have been browsing the forum since i bought my Bengal pro, thought it was about time that i registered. Really loving the new bow and this forum, lots of knowledgeable people.

Was curious as to the best way to set up the draw weight on the bow, do i keep the string on the standard post and adjust using the limb bolts(i am currently set up this way),or should i turn the limb bolts all the way in and use the' - ' post's on the cam ? does it make any differance ?

Looking forward to chatting

Paul.

What draw weight are you at? and what are you trying to achieve? what is your bows peak weight? congrats and welcome to the forum!

Double S
05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum!.

Sanity Assassin
05-14-2013, 07:44 AM
What draw weight are you at? and what are you trying to achieve? what is your bows peak weight? congrats and welcome to the forum!

Hey WildWilt15

Currently set on about 54 lbs. Max pountage is 72 lbs. 30 inch draw length. Just wondering which set up would be the optimum .

Thanks for the welcome.

Arrow Splitter
05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Glad you made it Paul. Welcome aboard.:cool:

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to pipe in ;).

As for setting your draw weight, I would suggest using the posts to get as close as you can to your goal weight, and then backing off the limb bolts to fine tune it. So for instance; max weight is 70, goal weight is 54, set the cable to the -10 post, then let the limbs out a couple turns each and you should be right there...

IMO the bow will be more efficient if you let the posts handle the majority of the weight drop. Hope that helps clarify for you!

Sanity Assassin
05-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to pipe in ;).

As for setting your draw weight, I would suggest using the posts to get as close as you can to your goal weight, and then backing off the limb bolts to fine tune it. So for instance; max weight is 70, goal weight is 54, set the cable to the -10 post, then let the limbs out a couple turns each and you should be right there...

IMO the bow will be more efficient if you let the posts handle the majority of the weight drop. Hope that helps clarify for you!

Hey wscywabbit.

Thats just what i wanted to hear. Thankyou

Paul.