PDA

View Full Version : Martin Outdoors TV

alienshooter
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I just want to know any news about Martin Archery...Martin Outdoors TV Show? I seen the facebook page but I don't care for facebook but the TV show I am. I hope this happens because I do want Martin Archery to succeed! despite rumors of being for sale.

What would this life be without Martin Archery? :confused:

The "Martin Brand" has been a household name since I can remember now I hear these rumors its disheartening. :(

I know its to soon and the new 2013 bows are barely coming out but I'm looking forward to the 2014 line up.....hopefully a new 2014 "ALIEN" in my future?
I'm just needed to say my peace, thanks. :cool:

joelc
05-14-2013, 11:39 AM
It's not a rumor. Martin Archery is for sale.

alienshooter
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
It's not a rumor. Martin Archery is for sale.

Being for sale I knew that much, I was just commenting on all the gossip I here around.... someone said they were bought already or no one had offered them anything....just rumors.

I just don't want to see an American Icon "Martin Archery" go away is all.

Bowtech was for sale once, Elite Archery was for sale once, Now their both two good companies today.

I see a lot of people on here like Martin Bows just as I do but I see no coming together or some type of support to help Martin Archery or am I missing it or not in the loop? .
Don't get me wrong I know many of us got their bows but is that enough? One can easily jump ship to another company I could as well but I'm from Washington State, Martin Archery is not to far from me. And man do I love my Alien Bows! top notch to me....I just wanted to say a few words.

wscywabbit
05-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I understand the emotional ties to a company we all love. I grew up 20 miles south of Walla Walla, and everyone knew Martin. Matter a fact, the grandmother of one of my best friends growing up worked like 20 years making arrows for Martin.

Hopefully, like Bowtech and others, whoever picks up Martin does so with the intention of maintaining its legacy. The Martin's are pretty smart, and seeing how great their customer service focus is, I'm sure that they will ensure the company's future before passing the torch.

As for the TV show, I haven't been able to find it, evidentally my cable company doesn't carry that channel :(.

dzsmith
05-15-2013, 05:15 AM
with all this being said, does this mean that the martin family is actually getting out of martin and selling it to totally different people???or will ryan and terry still be around

NuttyNative
05-15-2013, 09:35 AM
I was down at a shop in Reno yesterday tweaking my Ridge Hunter and they said Rytera bought the Martin side? If that's the case, it's still in the family. Don't know if it's true or not but that's what all three said. They also said getting Martins in the shop was getting harder to do? All they had was one 2012 Onza.

dzsmith
05-15-2013, 02:40 PM
well i always though rytera was martin didnt know there was a difference except the name....i hope that is true, hate to see them dissappear

joelc
05-15-2013, 03:02 PM
I was down at a shop in Reno yesterday tweaking my Ridge Hunter and they said Rytera bought the Martin side? If that's the case, it's still in the family. Don't know if it's true or not but that's what all three said. They also said getting Martins in the shop was getting harder to do? All they had was one 2012 Onza.

Not true in the least. Rytera is gone as a separate brand. It's all under the Martin name.

NuttyNative
05-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Not true in the least. Rytera is gone as a separate brand. It's all under the Martin name.

Good to know, thanks Joel. It didn't sound right when I heard it.

pizzadave
05-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe one of us martin supporters will win the powerball and take over the torch. I would hate to see them go. If they do get bought, I hope they aren't dissolved into something different. Love the bows....love the FAMILY. Having a martin is more lime being part of a family of great owners rather than buying a bow because some hot shot on TV says its the best......

dzsmith
05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
man everybody is obsessed with that powerball stuff @pizzad

HawgEnvy
05-19-2013, 07:28 AM
I decided to try buying Martin. I just need an asking price to take to the investors. All would remain the same though I'd give the option of going complete custom bows. Mix and match any riser,limb,cam combo desired.

So how much am I lookin' at?

dzsmith
05-20-2013, 05:10 AM
If you do man move it down to Texas with you hawg. It would create some more southern dealers

HawgEnvy
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I'll go big! Two more factories. Martin East,Martin South. The existing one will be Martin West. Each will have their own zone and specific dealer networks covering the US and canada

joelc
05-20-2013, 11:13 AM
I'd give the option of going complete custom bows. Mix and match any riser,limb,cam combo desired.

So how much am I lookin' at?

I can't even begin to tell you what a nightmare that scenario is. Screw it...I'll do it anyway.

I'll just give you an example...let's use the 2003 Scepter III because we were big into options at that point...

You could get the Scepter with the Fury, Z cam or Fuzion cam...

There are 9 different base size cams and 2 limb options for the Fury cam...18 possible configurations. Oh Wait...we have 3 camo options! Phantom Camo, Mossy Oak or Advantage. We're up to 54 posssible configurations. Crap...I forgot about target colors. You have your choice of Sunburst, Blue Fade, ProCat and Platinum. That's an additional 72 options, carry the one...for a total of 126 options for the Scepter with Fury cam. Wouldn't you know it...I forgot about the choice of let off...65% or 70%...Make that 252 Fury cam options.

Let's move on to the Z cam...standard and mini cam option...two limb sizes...7 color options. We're up to 28 so far. Back in 2004 we would also build all of the bows draw length specific or we would include a module package...that's 8 more options. Ok...that's brings us to 228 options for Scepter Z cam. Add the 65% or 75% option on the standard Z and that will bring the total to 560 ways to build the Scepter with Z cam.

And lastly the Fuzion cam. You could get the Scepter Fuzion with 14", 16" or 17" limbs or the SE version which was closer to parallel. You could have 65% or 75% modules in 7 sizes. You could get the bow in 7 colors. I think were in the neighborhood of 392 options for the Scepter II with Fuzion cam.

1204 options later people are wondering why the heck it took you so long to ship out their new bow. "What do you mean you don't have that part in stock?"

Did I mention you could get the same options on a Cougar, Onza and MV2? WooHoo! 4816 options on 4 bows!!!

Now...the Phantom had all of those options with exception of the SE version...as did the Altitude and Rage.

Then we have the Jaguar, Tracer and Tiger to think about. Shoot...I forgot about the Aurora Recurve...colors, limb lengths, etc.

And then there is the traditional lineup...did I mention that each model had wood, grip and glass options? We have the Gail Martin Classic, the Dream Catcher, Hatfield, Mamba, Hunter, Rebel, Victory, Prodigy, X-200, Vision, Stick, Mountaineer, and 4 kids bows including a takedown.

Are you SURE you are still interested in offering any limb, cam, riser and color option? Because if so...I quit.

joelc
05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
...and please...I dont need anyone checking my math. You get the point. :D

wscywabbit
05-20-2013, 02:37 PM
WOW, was that a quick peek into the world of Joel? :)

dzsmith
05-20-2013, 02:38 PM
id still like to see what hawg can do even if he cant offer customization. id just like to see the company do well

joelc
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
id still like to see what hawg can do even if he cant offer customization. id just like to see the company do well

The company is poised to do just fine...better than ever in fact.

dzsmith
05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
i hope so sir, wish yal the best

joelc
05-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Son of a....I forgot that every bow had 2 grip options...and that you could also order them unassembled, painted, anodized, powdercoated or raw. And...if there was a config that you didn't see...just call us and we'd build it for you. Just dont call us when you peel your specification sticker off the bow because we probably wont have that info.

This is never ending...We also had a 16" limb version of the Tracer with Z cams that we sold exclusively to Cabela's. Oh, and the Tracer 'LT' for Dick's Sporting Goods. There was also a version of the Prowler we made for the Fitzgerald family under a private label.

If you take the 'Fuzion' limb pockets and put those on a Prowler with XRG limbs you essentially had a poor man's Scepter.

That reminds me...we had two different limb pockets to accommodate the 2 different limb styles of Fuzion cam bows.

and THIS is just what I can come up with off the top of my head.

joelc
05-20-2013, 02:59 PM
AND most importantly...I've held a 10 year record for most bows built in a 10 hour shift...147. Take that! :p

wscywabbit
05-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Joel ur awesome! That rant had way too much info, and if it was just off the top of your head I'd hate to see what you could do with some time to prepare! :)

I'm sure Martin will be just fine. They have a solid history as well as a solid fan base. The right investor(s) could do well with the franchise...

HawgEnvy
05-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Well,Joel, If you can keep up w the plan you can keep your job. Maybe even a promotion so everything goes smoothly. But there will be a 180 bow min per person per shift and you'll be the head trainer person(at all 3 factories)so everyone learns to do things your way. Of course you will have all travel expenses paid(except strip joint visits).

joelc
05-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Well,Joel, If you can keep up w the plan you can keep your job. Maybe even a promotion so everything goes smoothly. But there will be a 180 bow min per person per shift and you'll be the head trainer person(at all 3 factories)so everyone learns to do things your way. Of course you will have all travel expenses paid(except strip joint visits).

If by travel you mean a tour bus and driver I'm in! Flying is for the birds!

HawgEnvy
05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
If by travel you mean a tour bus and driver I'm in! Flying is for the birds!

Couldn't agree more.

Dale817
05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
So now I'm curious,anybody know the asking price?ballpark?

joelc
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
So now I'm curious,anybody know the asking price?ballpark?

It amounts to several millions more than I have

wscywabbit
05-20-2013, 05:20 PM
aint that the truth! Maybe after I win power ball..... ;)

alienshooter
05-20-2013, 05:26 PM
That was too cool joelc.
Martin is to do fine.....I can live with that!
Now I just wanted to know about the TV show? I can't wait! :cool:

Plainsman
05-20-2013, 06:54 PM
And I'm buying another one. Martin that is.

joelc
05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
That was too cool joelc.
Martin is to do fine.....I can live with that!
Now I just wanted to know about the TV show? I can't wait! :cool:

I must say it was a pretty impressive example of thread hijacking. I've seriously never heard of Martin Outdoors TV :confused:

Double S
05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Here you go Joel.

https://www.facebook.com/MartinOutdoorsTV/info

joelc
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Here you go Joel.

https://www.facebook.com/MartinOutdoorsTV

Well then...I've earned my "learn something new every day badge" for the day.

Double S
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Well then...I've earned my "learn something new every day badge" for the day.

No problem. We learn something new everyday from you. :cool:

Dale817
05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
No problem. We learn something new everyday from you. :cool:

Ain't that the truth!cool rant tho

Arrow Splitter
05-22-2013, 07:13 PM
I must say it was a pretty impressive example of thread hijacking. I don't think I could have done better.LOL:D

A.S