PDA

View Full Version : New From the SF Bay Area, Ca.



carl365
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello all, I need to get re-acquainted with archery again. Used to be heavily into archery in the 1990's doing all the field and indoor shoots in my area until life changes in circumstances brought other needs. Dusted off my equipment a few days ago and it felt good. Very luckily, I still have all the equipment one gathers over time so won't have to buy things, not yet anyway.


I have three Martin compound bows, two Pro X series and a Lynx. The Pro X are fitted with Check-it target sights, peep, and stabilizers. I tried searching for any info on the Pro X's but no luck, does anyone have a date when they were introduced? I think I bought them in the early-mid 1990's.

Carl

TEN RING
05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
First welcome to the forum, below is a link to martins older dows
http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/chart.html

carl365
05-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks TEN RING I found the exact bow in this forum in fact, what I have is the Martin Pro-X Firecat series 4400 in red, another in black. Apparently, it's older than I thought perhaps late 1980's? Well as long as they function well, I'll continue to use them. Fortunately I took good care of them and they look new.

Carl

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Welcome Carl, those are some nice bows! Older is sometimes better!!


Hutch:cool:

Tosi
05-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Yep! Your in good company.. Welcome.

wscywabbit
05-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Welcome! Sounds like some beautiful bows! You should throw some pics up on the "lets see what you got guys" thread in the photo session.... :)

Dale817
05-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the site!

carl365
05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys! yes, I'll put some pics up soon along with some releases I'm glad I bought back then seeing how much they cost now.

bfisher
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys! yes, I'll put some pics up soon along with some releases I'm glad I bought back then seeing how much they cost now.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS CARL. Hey, if you think bows have gotten expensive don't bother shooting one of these newer ones. It'll eat a hole in your wallet real quick.

Double S
05-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.

elkslayer4x5
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome from an ex Nor Cal native, now tranplanted to Oregon. I used to live 100 miles north of the Bay Area, in Mendocino County, near Mendocino. Miss the scenery, but prefer the hunting here. LOL. Welome back into archery.

carl365
05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome bfisher, Double S. Yes, elkslayer4x5, when I took a trip up to Portland way back in 1962 to see the Seattle world's fair, I loved Oregon, it was so green literally with all forests. Wanted to stay so bad but being 16 years old, I couldn't support myself.

Carl

elkslayer4x5
05-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome bfisher, Double S. Yes, elkslayer4x5, when I took a trip up to Portland way back in 1962 to see the Seattle world's fair, I loved Oregon, it was so green literally with all forests. Wanted to stay so bad but being 16 years old, I couldn't support myself.

Carl

Come on back for a visit! It's so green cause of all the rain, rained yesterday, have a 30% chance of more rain today and 70% chance Saturday. Bring raingear! :)

carl365
05-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Come on back for a visit! It's so green cause of all the rain, rained yesterday, have a 30% chance of more rain today and 70% chance Saturday. Bring raingear! :)

You just reminded me about the rain in Oregon! I remember one time in Portland it rained 13 days straight, hadn't seen anything like that. Not the on and off, half rain/drizzle like we have here in SF but what we'd call a heavy downpour without a single let up, all through the night too.

Carl