PDA

View Full Version : In need of a new 3d deer

TEN RING
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
It's time for me to buy a new 3d deer do you have one you like? was thinking about a glendale buck still not shore yet

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
It's time for me to buy a new 3d deer do you have one you like? was thinking about a glendale buck still not shore yet

I don't have one but a glendale buck is a preferred one out there.

Hutch:cool:

TEN RING
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
I was buying the delta's but going thru three inserts a year that a $100 a year

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I was buying the delta's but going thru three inserts a year that a $100 a year

ouch!!!!!

Sonny Thomas
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
No 3D target center today holds up under extreme shooting unless McKenzie still makes the core type targets. I have one of the most durable 3D targets in the world in my back yard. It's a McKenzie Ram, gray, thick. It has the toughest core ever designed. Core as in core, not replacement center. It's been long due for a foam patch job. Not one bit of foam remains covering the core. ??? I bought it used for $25 probably 10 years ago.

Ehunter
05-21-2013, 07:59 PM
I've got a Glendel, and it's a pretty good target. It's taken quite a few arrows, and is still holding up very well. I also have a Rinehart Woodland buck target. Haven't shot it nearly as much as the Glendel, but it does stop arrows far better. First shot in the Glendel, and I had 8 inches of arrow sticking out the backside of the target. With the Rinehart, arrows only go in about 6 inches or so. Easier to remove arrows from the Glendel, but the Rinehart is reasonably easy removal too. I think either target would last quite a few years as long as you don't shoot a lot of broadheads at them. Of course, with the Glendel, you can always flip the core around, so you are shooting slightly different areas. That should make it last longer.

TEN RING
05-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I cut some old carpet tonite not pretty but it will work, yes I'm cheap8113

wscywabbit
05-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Glendales are probably one of the most widely used, especially with the new 4 sided inserts. However a friend of mine bought one, and the frame/legs seemed pretty cheesy for how much you spend on the dang things. I have a rinehart block target, and if their 3d targets are as hardy as it is, that is where my money would go...

bfisher
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Given a choice, if I were to buy one I'd go for the Rinehart Woodland Buck or an R&W deer target. The R&W are about as hard to pull as the standard McKenzie, but they have a replaceable core (plug) that is reasonable and the whole animal costs about 1/3 to 1/2 of what a McKenzie cost these days. I know cost is always an object so I pay attention and see a lot of clubs starting to mix in R&W's as their McKenzies wear out.

Now, all this being said I live within 7 miles of two archery clubs. The one that I frequent the most right now puts out 24 targets (McKenzie) for the summer and also have 20 targets scattered around a nice 15' shooting platform with ranges from about 10 yards out to 40 yards, which can also be shot with broadheads. Also they have Morell Outdoor bags from 15 yards to 50 yards. Because of this I have no reason to buy anything for at home.

typically8
07-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I just got a Glendale and am happy. The core can be rotated 6 times. The arrows pull out easy but then again my bow is set 55# currently.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Pics Pics Pics you know the rules.

Hutch:cool: