PDA

View Full Version : Rain!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Its raining again! yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck!!! Did I say yuck! that is all its done forever here can't do any outdoor work. Man sometimes weather is not so good!!

Hutch:cool:

Tosi
06-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Hutch! look at the Bright Side of things. You can stay in-side and make strings.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Hutch! look at the Bright Side of things. You can stay in-side and make strings.

Our shoot in my indoor range!!!:D yeah that's it shoot in my range!

Hutch
:cool:

Ehunter
06-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I feel for ya Bill. We have finally ended our 3 1/2 month long monsoon. Rained at least every 3rd day the entire time. Now, it went from the low 70's and rain, to the low-mid 90's and sun. Now I'm cussing the heat. lol

Double S
06-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I was in the middle of digging and transplanting an adult Rhubarb bush when the darn skies opened up with thunder and lightning. Break time!.

bob cooly
06-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Rain, what is that? We need an aqueduct system across this country to bring relief to the flood zones and ship the water West. OHOH water wars! Haven't seen a rain drop in so long it would scare me if it did rain.

Sonny Thomas
06-13-2013, 07:25 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr! RAIN! Been through a flood, been rained out of 4 3Ds. I've had enough and the forecast is rain for this weekend's ASA Qualifier.

Spiker
06-13-2013, 11:12 PM
We're praying for rain. All we have here is fire.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow its actually sunny out!!!

Hutch:cool:

Sonny Thomas
06-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Saturday, June 15, 2013. Day one of the ASA Qualifier. Wanna know what it did? Yeah, rained. Rained in the morning, rained up through 12:30, rained hard for a bit and finally this great big yellow ball was up in the sky. Weird looking. Wife and did a few things outside...still kinda wondering what that bright yellow thing was. Come dusk all was normal again, rain just hammering the house. And it was still raining when we went to bed.

Sunday, June 16, 2013. Day two fo the ASA Qualifier. Must have quit raining right before we got up, 5:00 am. Overcast, gray looking mass all over and mean looking clouds rolling here and there. That yellow ball looking thing was hanging in the sky for about two minutes and disappeared.
Headed for the 3D. Our creek is up, but not overly so. Big Creek about 1/8" from our house is up, but holding. Banner, Illinois, Copperas creek is up and super muddy looking, but well within it's banks.

Overcast and all the way to the club. Every one standing around wondering the heck to do...like is it or isn't it going to rain. Me; "Guys, I'm going out, but first rain drop and I'm done. I'll never shoot in the rain again." We go out and of all things we actually shoot the whole course and not one drop of rain. And yet, it may as well rained. The humidity was so heavy we were soaked before target 11. My glasses kept fogging up as well as my binoculars. But dang, it got dark a few times. Try looking at a target with it dark and your binoculars fogged up. Two targets to go and that dang yellow thing was hanging in the sky again. Weird. And like we needed that dang yellow ball thing. Out in the open grass and shooting back into the woods and brush. Target, McKenzie walking black bear. Two of us have lenses, movable sight class. You don't wanna know what a black target looks like in a black hole. Saving Grace, there is a lightish back ground that gives a hint of the outline of the bears back. So quesstimater engaged, Prayers sent, and two of us find the 10 ring. The other shooter wasn't so lucky.
The rain holds off and a few us do what we do best. Yeah, you need hip waders around us.

8:48 pm as I finish this and no rain so far....