PDA

View Full Version : "I've got a bad feeling about this"

typically8
07-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, I fear the end is near. Send a pm if you want my email address.:cool:
On a lighter note, who knows what movie I am quoting in my title. Be careful, its a trick question.

MI1
07-03-2013, 05:36 AM
well it's been about 24 hours since some threads started saying that joel was let go and some other info / rumors are flying out there.

I would've thought that someone official from Martin would get on here and post something regarding the status of the company.

So 3 things come to mind.

1. Either there must be some truth to it or
2. they don't have a pulse on their brand and business or their own website and put the naysayers to rest.
3. all the above....

Good Riddance
07-03-2013, 03:40 PM
well it's been about 24 hours since some threads started saying that joel was let go and some other info / rumors are flying out there.

I would've thought that someone official from Martin would get on here and post something regarding the status of the company.

So 3 things come to mind.

1. Either there must be some truth to it or
2. they don't have a pulse on their brand and business or their own website and put the naysayers to rest.
3. all the above....

Ding, ding, ding!

MI1
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Just a matter of time til something official comes down. Seen this many times before. The only winner in this is Joel...at this point.
Hopefully he bounces back, maybe with a archery shop or another archery company. Relocation maybe, but their customer service would benefit.

I just can't believe that NO one person has got on here or AT to downplay the rumors.......or delete or ban someone.
Just a matter of time, hopefully not or someone can come in and save the day so to speak.

bfisher
07-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Just a matter of time til something official comes down. Seen this many times before. The only winner in this is Joel...at this point.
Hopefully he bounces back, maybe with a archery shop or another archery company. Relocation maybe, but their customer service would benefit.

I just can't believe that NO one person has got on here or AT to downplay the rumors.......or delete or ban someone.
Just a matter of time, hopefully not or someone can come in and save the day so to speak.

As good as he is as a customer service rep he should be able to get a job elsewhere. Might be time to move away from the archery business anyway. And if we are to believe Joel he was working for minimum wage. Although I seriously doubt this he wasn't/isn't becoming a millionaire either. Certainly not open an archery shop. It takes big money (at least 1/4 mill) to open a decent shop and working 16-18 hour days and a large enough customer base to work with to make a go of a full time shop.

droppixel
07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Go on vacation for a week and the world explodes ... wth son!?

Sad about Joel, hope things go well with him in the future ... hope to hear from him or that he is doing well when that time comes.

Sonny Thomas
07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
As good as he is as a customer service rep he should be able to get a job elsewhere. Might be time to move away from the archery business anyway. And if we are to believe Joel he was working for minimum wage. Although I seriously doubt this he wasn't/isn't becoming a millionaire either. Certainly not open an archery shop. It takes big money (at least 1/4 mill) to open a decent shop and working 16-18 hour days and a large enough customer base to work with to make a go of a full time shop.

Real truth there.....

hawkdriver55
07-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Movie Quote.......... Bad feeling about this.....there are many.

Die Hard
Star Wars

But the sad truth is.....Rome is burning, and that bright light at the end of the tunnel isn't the sun at the end of the tunnel. Its a mile long train loaded with coal and it doesn't have any brakes. Its been fun fellas! I am still keeping my Cougar so I can tell my Grand kids..."there once was this little company in WA that made good hunting bows....and this is one of them" Enjoy shooting them while you still can.

I really hope we are all wrong.

bfisher
07-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I think we'll all find out in due time and on that note let's get back to the real business of these tech forums which is helping people. Let's put it to bed for a while.