PDA

View Full Version : another pantera?

Wvbowhunter
07-10-2013, 05:45 AM
ok, so i backed the limb bolts out about 14 turns so i could move the cable to the -10 post now this is probably a stupid ? but after i got everything tightened back down it looks like the cam is partially rotated, is this normal? also im having a tough time getting the draw stop set where it needs to be and its wearing my serving just by drawing it back...thanks in advance

DeanRM
07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Yes, the cam will be rotated by changing the cable position on the cam, that is how you get the adjustment range.

Try to adjust the draw stop so the cam stops rotating just and the point where the cable begins to contact the axle, that should help reduce the wear on the serving. If you have a draw board, or someone else to watch as you draw the bow back, that is helpful.

Good Luck!

wscywabbit
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
If you can't get your draw stop setting short enough to keep from over-rotating the cam into the cable, then your draw length mod is set too long. You should change the mod setting and then set your draw stop so that it stops at your draw length BEFORE it rolls past the cam axle. It may take some trial and error to get it correctly set...

typically8
07-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Here is what Joel said to me before his departure. Basically lengthen the draw and shorten the stop so you don't hit the axle w/ the string. Also, check the pegs and module for any burrs, they might need a light sanding.