PDA

View Full Version : Foot Spray

carl365
07-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Do any of you use or have used foot spray (dries white) to see if the fletches hit anywhere? I've done it in the past to find the ideal nock angle and the powder did show the slightest contact.

Carl

Ehunter
07-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Never used the foot spray. I always use the brightest red lipstick I can find, and color the edges of my fletchings with it. It'll leave a nice red mark on anything it touches.

wscywabbit
07-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Absolutely, foot spray works great if you're having a hard time figuring out why you're having tuning issues!

carl365
07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm finding the recurve is a lot harder to get tuned than my compound with release. The slightest roughness in the fingers releasing and it shows at the target.

Carl

typically8
07-10-2013, 09:40 PM
I've used both and hat the clean up of all of them. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way. 3D laser or something. The QAD rest was a booger to get zero contact...never did. Switched to a T.R. Revolution and got better results.

carl365
07-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I've used both and hat the clean up of all of them. Someone needs to come up w/ a better way. 3D laser or something. The QAD rest was a booger to get zero contact...never did. Switched to a T.R. Revolution and got better results.

It does make a mess especially foot spray on the riser, I might see how lipstick on just the edge of vanes works. Been looking at slow motion vids lately, sure wish I could do that, see exactly how my arrows are acting, and it'll also show how making a change in tuning affects the arrow.

Carl

Sonny Thomas
07-11-2013, 08:53 AM
I've used both powder and Wet Tracer wax (same as lipstick). Powder is nice, but you have to clean it off as it will cake-on (stick) and if on metal it will rust. Wet Tracer came in different colors and I really don't know if it is still available. I think lipstick took it's place. I mean, it did the same thing and lipstick was cheaper ;)

To me, paramount is letting the fingers relax the same and focusing on the target all the way through. I don't know, but tabs are the in thing and perhaps lessens strumming the string with the bottom two fingers.

When I returned to archery I tried a new glove, Neet, I think. Didn't care for it one bit. I remember Neet as being one of the better producers of quality archery equipment and maybe they still are, but we sure have some "trashy" Neet stuff at the shop.

dzsmith2
07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
lipstick works well, ive tried it

Tosi
07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
lipstick works well, ive tried it

X2, also less to clean up.

carl365
07-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, I got some cheapo lipstick (.99) and it works well, told me where the fletch is hitting. The lower vane hits the spring arm on the recurve shoot around rest. No matter what setting of the plunger, same thing. So I've decided the arrow is much too stiff for 25 pounds.

The arrow is Easton 1914, 29" and spine of .658, it's what the Easton charts says is correct. Ordered a much softer arrow today to test out.

Carl