PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting better

red5
08-06-2013, 03:38 AM
SOmething crazy just happened. I went down in the basement to take a few shots (which I do several times a day). I drew back on my bow and for some reason it just seemed to be as hard to pull back and hold. Then I shot this group at 10 yards. I'm not making sight adjustments until my peep sight comes in the mail.

Sonny Thomas
08-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Shot with the Jag? I read in between words correctly you're missing "not?" I do the same thing, miss putting in words. Regardless of stick or compound once the muscles get in tune drawing and hold become easier. When I returned to archery, many years separating, I drew back this compound bow, set to 50 pounds, and had to hang on for dear life. Within a short period it became child's play and I moved on on up to 70 pounds and found it totally unnecessary and backed off to 67 for my hunting bow and 62 for my 3D bow. Aging some, I reduced my hunting bow to 62 pounds and killed everything that needed killing. My present target bow is set to a hair over 55 pounds and achieves 284.5 fps, which is just within the maximum speed limit of my ASA class, Super Senior.

red5
08-06-2013, 08:58 AM
yup, I did this with my Jag.