PDA

View Full Version : Winding down

elkslayer4x5
08-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Sure is sad to see that Martin is selling/closing down, and it looks like this board is slowly following suit, fewer and fewer posts every day it seems. Sad times indeed. The good thing is all of the friends I've met here on this board, and that I know the other boards where those folks "hang" out. If I don't get the chance to tell you "So long", its been nice typing with you all. :D

bfisher
08-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Likewise from me. I'm on a couple other forums but this has been my favorite due to the friendliness of the members. You can always find me on AT under the same user name. Of course, as an admin I'll still be active here as long as the site is active. There are still people who are registering and since Joel is gone it looks like I'm the only administrator keeping up with things. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. LOL.

Sonny Thomas
08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Don't forget AT's Brand Specific.....Martin bows....

Tosi
08-18-2013, 01:15 PM
You guy are going to freken make me cry. X2 what Bfish said, lots of good on this forum, some really smart guys when it come to the finer points of archey. I will really miss when Hucth get busted on (LOL). You got to love pink,,,. Any who,, I hope Hutch get a site up and running so we can all start over. Thank you all,,,, I really mean it,,, your all the best.

Ranger Six Out....

Don B
08-18-2013, 01:38 PM
This has been the best place to hang out.
I love to post pics of the shoots I go to here, everyone always says way to go and congrats, even if I did suck...LOL.
Good friendly people, never any bashing and a ton of good info and help.
Don.

wscywabbit
08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Well I hate to think that this site is going to close, as it's been my cyber home for a few years now. Compared to other forums I've frequented, this has by far been my most visited, highest recommended and most enjoyed. All that thanks to you fine people out there in cyberspace that share my sentiments here. Thank you, I've learned a lot from all of you and enjoyed the time emmensly. Hopefully this site will hang on a bit yet...

daiwateampenn
08-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Seem like to Mood is not there.

I feel the forum is quiet, and no one is posting anything new....

Cheers up....... Miracle always happen ......

we never know what going to happen.

Martin might come back, Big, Better,Faster, Stronger.

carl365
08-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Yep it's sad. If this forum goes down, I guess one common meeting place might be something like Google Groups or Yahoo. Perhaps a free blog at Wordpress or Tumblr.

Carl

andy_camping
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Yep, I'd say its only a matter of time now. I would also like to say thank you to all of you out there. This site has been a wealth of knowledge and friendship and I'm thankful for that. I know several of you are on the Hunt Buds site and I would encourage the rest of you to join also.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
I am going to miss this old stomping grounds!
But I won't say good bye to you guys!
I am on facebook https://www.facebook.com/BowStringDepot?ref=hl and my email is bowstringdepot@gmail.com, website http://bowstringdepot.com (http://bowstringdepot.com) and if you want to another stomping ground http://www.huntbuds.com/ tell them Hutch sent ya!!!

Hutch:cool:

(bowstringdepot@gmail.com)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh btw give me some time I will be trying to get a forum on me website!

TEN RING
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh btw give me some time I will be trying to get a forum on me website!

got to keep the gang together

madman350
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
what this site could use is for the de facto moderator team to post a couple more recent underwater vids of their latest exotic scuba dives/speargun hunts .hmmm. who could that be (could be underwater now,lol). a couple of weekend custom bowstring raffles could really liven the mood too if there is anyone frequenting here that could help out with that .:rolleyes:

bfisher
08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
what this site could use is for the de facto moderator team to post a couple more recent underwater vids of their latest exotic scuba dives/speargun hunts .hmmm. who could that be (could be underwater now,lol). a couple of weekend custom bowstring raffles could really liven the mood too if there is anyone frequenting here that could help out with that .:rolleyes:

Try this link to see what I was playing with in February. Oh, my Gosh, what a hijack. You need Adobe Flash Player. There were actually two dives. First one was at 85'. Second was at 60'. There were 16 divers and, NO, we were not in a cage like you see on TV. There was actually 33 minutes of raw footage which I had to condense so it would fit into a 42 minutes movie of the whole week. Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/62382461

Barry

typically8
08-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Is anyone having an issue w/ the PM's or is it my phone being paranoid more then me?

otisT
08-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes, 8, Can't answer your PM but, yes, will check it out. Thanks

Phantonza
08-20-2013, 03:14 AM
I haven't been very active on this forum during the past couple of months, but I also feel bad if the forum goes down along with the company. I am also worried about the Martin/Rytera web sites with all the technical information etc. Perhaps I should try to download the whole sites as an off-line copy to my computer... Maybe others want to consider that, too? Instructions, for example: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196646 . I will try how it works.

And thank you guys - always a good spirit on this forum.

Sonny Thomas
08-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Is anyone having an issue w/ the PM's or is it my phone being paranoid more then me?

Yes, I R having issues with both PMs and my Profile. Of the PMs, I did clicked the cancel box to let the PM come up. Took twice, but I got the PM to me....

wscywabbit
08-20-2013, 03:56 PM
yep I think we're all having issues. I haven't gotten any PMs lately, but i can't even access my profile atm so it seems the system is down....

bfisher
08-20-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm having issues too and there doesn't seem to be any way I can fix it. This could be the start of what we all fear.

otisT
08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the help and camaraderie of all here. I won't try and name everybody because I'd, no doubt, leave out some. While the twin demise of a company and these forums seems inevitable, a couple thoughts strike me as comforting;

No big deal, but since getting my Martin bow, I became intrigued with Gail Martin's 'story' a bit; studied up on him on line and came to admire the man as an innovator and an American entrepreneur. Companies come and go; that's just the way it goes, but I think Gail Martin now has an eternity to be proud of his accomplishments and the company he built, and it was still viable when he left. I don't see that all as a bad outcome. I also rather think Mr. Martin's integrity, and the integrity of his company for so many years, probably has had some influence on the decency and integrity of those on these forums; a small group but good hearted people; loyal to his products, eager to help others and quick to smile. For all that, I thank Gail Martin and all of you.... o

wscywabbit
08-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Well stated Otis, couldn't agree more. ;)

Plainsman
08-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Ya'll let me know via email where the new hang out will be. gw@usrecon.com
Will hang on here as long as it last.

Chip
08-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I know I pop on here around deer season, but I have had a great time with all of you, hope to see you around the web. Thank you all for the great information and your company as well. I will still check on this site until it goes away, I hope to see some pics from this season.

typically8
08-21-2013, 01:51 AM
If any of y'all want my email send me a PM. We can talk about Hutch's PINK archery gear, or hunting.

Sonny Thomas
08-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Ya'll know I'm in AT and in the Pearson Forums and a few other sites/forums - bowblitz, realtree, IBO, Elite.
Might try this one....Sort of laid back - contest going on right now.
www.themidwesthunter.com

JayC
08-21-2013, 04:13 PM
I've been a member here for a little while, though I haven't posted much. I've pretty much just lurked around reading the different topics. I do the same on Archery Talk, too. Anyway, I have been following the Martin saga for a while now. It sure is sad to see such a company go by the wayside. I wanted so much to get another Bengal to replace my old one, but with the issues Martin was having I just couldn't. I still check the forums here regularly, but I just know I will click the bookmark one day to receive Error 404. :(

Don B
08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Well at least they are still sending out items.
I had a set of cams replaced and bought some other item, they came in today to my local Martin dealer.
I asked them if they have heard anything about the sale, they said all has been quiet.
Don.

WildWilt15
08-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, It's been good fellas looking forward to Hutches new forum i will be under the same username. Sad to see the company go like this.

typically8
08-22-2013, 07:34 PM
OK, so don't pm me cause it is still broke. Look me up on Huntbuds.com same Typically8 there as in here. Or shoot me an email at rocnrbhnf@yahoo.com:cool:

Ehunter
08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Like many others on here, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this a fun, and informative place to come. I've learned a lot from all you guys, and hope we can all run into each other on other forums we frequent. I'm on AT as Ehunter42, Huntbuds as Ehunter, and Strothers forum as Ehunter. I wish all of you the best in life, and am very grateful to have had the chance to talk and interact with many of you. Best wishes all!

Simple Life
08-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Well it has been a pleasure to meet you guys and learn a few things.Wish you all the best.I am on Huntbuds under the same username and Harvest on AT.

Gregg

CarlosII
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM
if they want my Martin they're gonna have to pry it from my old, cold, crippled up, dead hands....