PDA

View Full Version : Martin Archery - Thank you!

DeanRM
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Martin Archery,

Thanks for still being here and not going away! Many folks, including myself, really enjoy the products that you have produced over the past years and look forward to many more years of innovative Martin products!

One thing that might be helpful is a section in this form that is a suggestion form from what Martin Archery customers would like to see in the future. This may help to insure that the products that are being produced are what the customers want.

Thanks again!!!
Dean

bfisher
10-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Good suggestion. I'll consider it for a subforum. Maybe call it "the Suggestion Box". What does everybody else think?

Barry

wscywabbit
10-26-2013, 08:49 PM
sounds like a winner to me guys!

Rangerj
10-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I like it.

Arrow Splitter
10-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Good suggestion. I'll consider it for a subforum. Maybe call it "the Suggestion Box". What does everybody else think?

Barry
I agree. Maybe divide it so one part is for Martin and the other is for this forum.

A.S

typically8
10-26-2013, 09:50 PM
OK, but who at the New Martin is going to read it?? And the do something about it??

bigbob29
10-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm glad to hear Martin is back and running but don't know any of the details of the new owners etc. just pleased to hear its still going.
2011 shadowcat
2001 cougar XRG

minnie
10-26-2013, 11:31 PM
also pleased to hear that martin is back.
beautiful 2009 mystic - furious X

Sonny Thomas
10-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Glad to see Martin Forums up and running. So maybe good news....

Arrow Splitter
10-27-2013, 09:08 AM
From the website: Martin Archery, Inc. has some exciting news that will improve the reliability, delivery and quality of its products and services going forward. On October 21, 2013, the assets of Martin Archery, Inc., which include the Damon Howatt line, were acquired by Diversis Capital LLC from the Martin family. With this change in ownership, an experienced and driven management team led by our new CEO Rich Weatherford, has been assembled to bring the once-thriving business back to prominence. Our goal is to give our customers the best products, customer service, delivery and experience in the market.

Mr. Weatherford is an accomplished leader, with a track record of working with high-growth companies. Before starting his own practice, Mr. Weatherford was hired into the Crane Electronics Group (CEG) as VP of Operations to integrate and transform seven domestic and international sites with revenues approaching $300M. The markets supported in this role included Aerospace, Defense and Medical Devices.

Prior to Crane, Mr. Weatherford was at Rexnord where he was promoted after only 14 months from General Manager of the Cylindrical Bearing business to General Manager of the multi-site Rex Bearing Operations business after improving gross margins by 22%.

In further support of Mr. Weatherford and the Martin management team, Diversis will provide access to a vast network of resources in matters including intellectual property, supply chain and R&D. Diversis long-term strategic vision is to create a premium quality bow at a reasonable price that can be enjoyed by archery enthusiasts of all levels.

Gail Martin, founder of Martin Archery, lived a life of excellence and hard work. Beginning in June 1944, he fought for his country at the beaches in Normandy, marched through Europe, and finished his tour by liberating prisoners in Germany. In 1946, he returned to the US and married his sweetheart, Eva. In 1951, Gail started Martin Archery and grew it into a leading bow and accessories manufacturer. It was his dream to see the Company continue where it was founded and operated for over half a century - in Washington State's Walla Walla Valley. Diversis is proud to grow Martin Archery in a way that honors the memory of Gail and plans to continue drawing on the expertise of the Martin family.

Beginning immediately, we will be investing in fast delivery and quality assurance. By January 2014, we will be introducing our new catalogue and showcasing our lineup at the ATA show in Nashville, TN.

Customer service is our number one priority, and we know that it's our job to prove this to you. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail anytime and let us know how we can best serve your needs.

Sincerely,
New Martin Archery team

Stéphane
10-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I can understand why some of you guys are thrilled with the forum back and Martin Archery being saved. As for myself, I was a fan of my bow because of the lightweight and price. I do not have the patience nor the brand attachment that some of you have. When I will upgrade my bow, it will be with a brand that is easily accessible from where I live and with parts that I do not have to wait 6 weeks for.

I truly enjoy my 2010 Bengal, but the Company, not so much. I tried my best to like Martin, but I do not need to support them. For example, some people like Chevy for no other reason than it's a Chevy. I'm not one of those.

I will support a company that offers great product and a service that equals it.

So, my suggestion to Martin will be this: Find a way to efficiently distribute parts to pro-shops or directly to your customers (in Canada, it is beyond ridiculous). Waiting 6weeks for a set of limbs - under warranty - hardly qualify as efficient in my book.

The good news for the new Martin management is I am telling you this. Many customers would just move on without saying a word. Most people here are fans of the name and will support you no matter what. But your market should cover more than that.

Finally, thanks to some of you here who constantly offer help to new archers, who can solve the most puzzling questions, who share their expertise to promote archery in general. Whenever I need information on my Bengal, I always come here and search for answers, which I often find without even posting. I will continue to do so, as I intend to keep this bow even after I upgrade.

Keep up the great work.

SG

baerman
10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
It is with great relief that we read that Martin is going to continue to carry it's great tradition in archery forward. Our hobby and avocation has suffered many blows to it's survival in recent years, with company after company disappearing to never be seen again;this seemed to be the fate of Martin. Now, though, Martin has been given a reprieve.....a chance to get it right and offer the marketplace products that both the company and it's customers can be proud. I sincerly hope that the new regieme is sensitive to the culture of Martin, and brings it into the light of success while being sensitive to the uniqueness of the company and the rold that Martin has always played. As they say, talk is cheap.....let's see real innovation and quality. That, coupled with real customer service, will see Martin safely through this new century.

bowgramp59
10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
good idea barry . i'm glad we still have a martin tech forum.

ftshooter
11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Wow, I am glad to hear this ,,To be honest the one thing I hated to see over the last 15 years was Martin being ripped off for their intellectual property...I hope from now on they will sue the other bow makers for this one big name co. Did this, and you could swap their parts out ..their bows was a copy all they did was spend lots of money on ads...made me sick.. I am glad I don't have to find another Archery Co. Martin fan all the way...

wscywabbit
11-03-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't think they've really been ripped off; they own the patents on a lot of archery innovations.... but patents run out and other companies have done a better job of marketing over the years than Martin has. I'm just happy that the brand found somewhere to hang its hat, even if its not with the Martin family or in Walla Walla :)