PDA

View Full Version : Sort of target....

Sonny Thomas
10-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Just a ways back I sold my 2011 Shadowcat. As most know, it served me well. So I sold it to this person and I told him how I had it set up. I left the tied string nocks and d-loop and left in the 45 degree Super Ball peep. Not two weeks went by and he Posts of "what is needed to shoot Pro." OMG! So I PM him. He says the Shadowcat can't miss! Well, he's got to be exaggerating and then just maybe......

Regardless, I'm glad he likes the bow. So maybe a future buyer of a new Martin bow.....

Don B
10-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Sonny,
You know it is true of the Shadowcats.
All you need to do is load an arrow on one, point it down range, come to full draw and loose the arrow. It will find it's mark all on it's own every time.
Well almost everytime, my Septer V does every time.
Shadowcat and Septer V, 2 of the best bows ever made.
Don.

wscywabbit
10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Proof that all they need to do is just shoot one without prejudice lol

Durandal
11-08-2013, 11:39 AM
I still can't believe how smooth and accurate my Scpeter V is. Never had the pleasure of shooting a shadowcat but the consensus is clear that both of these are top notch rigs. I'm getting to the point where I'm almost as consistent and accurate as club members using sights and release aids.

Now I know my practice is paying off but the fact that most use short hunting bows is also clearly a factor.

Sonny Thomas
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
The long ata of the 2010 and 2011 Shadowcats and Scepter V is a big plus for accuracy and gives the Catcams a bit more easiness to draw and induces some smoothness. Call them what you want Nitros are nothing more than updated ole Catcams.
Shorten that ata to that of the 2008 Firecat and you got some hump to deal with.

CarlosII
11-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Sonny,
You know it is true of the Shadowcats.
All you need to do is load an arrow on one, point it down range, come to full draw and loose the arrow. It will find it's mark all on it's own every time.
Well almost everytime, my Septer V does every time.
Shadowcat and Septer V, 2 of the best bows ever made.
Don.

wish my SC and Scepter V shot that way. LOL

Don B
11-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Just to prove that all you have to do is point the Septer V here is a pic. I had closed my eyes once I came to full draw and then loosed the arrow.
This was a 50 yard shot too.
Don.

Sonny Thomas
11-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't know. You have to point Carlos to the target first. So he may be at a disadvantage trying that ;)

Yes, I have done that, eyes closed, but at 20 yards on the NFAA 5 spot and this was with my Shadowcat. And yes I could hit 5 out of 5 bull's eyes and 2 X at least, sometimes 3.

bigbob29
12-08-2013, 04:21 PM
all this has me drooling while I wait on the cams to put my shadowcat back together. I must have set some sort of record, blowing up a bow before I've even shot an arrow [ bad bow press!] Already had my Barnsdale limbs for weeks , just got to get the cams.

Sonny Thomas
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
The day I shot my best eyes closed 5 spot I thought I took a picture and I found it. Bill and Terry Postin were present. Terry asked me why I even needed sights ;)

bigbob29
12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Wow! Not too shabby! Probably better than me with eyes open!

CarlosII
12-22-2013, 07:35 AM
i do like the grip on the SV better than the SC. settles in my hand better.
i have never been able to tune out the "hump" in my SC. when those cams roll over it can sometimes kick the arrow off the rest.
when Gary Studt shot the SC he tried to help me get rid of that, but i was never able to hook up with him in person to see if he could tune it for me. so, i just live with it since i only use the SC for indoors.

bigbob29
12-29-2013, 01:08 AM
I am still getting acquainted with my shadowcat and am waiting to see how I go at a club shoot later next month, but after using a 2001 cougar xrg for a few years with moderate success, think that the 'cat' will be all I could wish for.Very accurate and fast, bit disconcerting as mentioned with the noticeable 'hump' at full draw but am getting used to it. I shoot in a barebow division over here, no sights, finger release and maximum of 12'' stabilizer. We shoot at photo-realistic 2d vinyl animal targets set at unknown distances out to 48m [ 'bout 50 yards]still got to get some cats whiskers for the string but the monkey tails quietened it some.