PDA

View Full Version : Getting Old

bfisher
12-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Am I getting old or what? My oldest child (daughter) is 40 years old today.

Spiker
12-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Happy Birthday to her.!
Mine will be 40 in about six months but I try not to act my age.

Sonny Thomas
12-11-2013, 08:18 AM
My oldest, my daughter, turned 44 this last August. Only time I felt old was when she called me and said; "Guess what grandpa." Had gray hair before we hung up....

TEN RING
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
wow you guy are old lol my son will be 29 next fathers day

elkslayer4x5
12-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Pups. I must be older than dirt. My son ( Elkslayer ) will be 49 on his next birthday. I'll turn 69 this comming spring. :D

Mike G
12-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Our oldest daughter turns 40 this January 31st. Our oldest son turns 38 on February 2nd, his oldest daughter, our oldest grandchild, turns 16 on January 23rd.

There is something wrong with my wife's and my family around end of May and beginning of June. My wife's birthday is January 21st and mine is February 5th. In our families it is best not to look at your spouse or go on separate vacations come that time of year, unless you want another kid!!!

You are only as old as you feel. Until the last couple of years our boys and my son-in-laws said they had a hard time keeping up with me. The tables are starting to turn. I just started this year to admit that I was kind of having to work at it now.

Mike

Sonny Thomas
12-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Well, I don't want any more kids, but I ain't giving up on picking on those in Adult Free Style ;)

Don B
12-13-2013, 06:50 AM
My son turned 27 Nov.24th. I will 58 on Dec. 29th.
Old as dirt and feel like a bulldozer has been running all over me....LOL
Don.

Sonny Thomas
12-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Might be getting some age on me, but if I'm downhearted or letting the aches show it's because all my archery sidekicks have dwindling away. I have new sidekicks, but it's just not the same. My old sidekicks are still around. They just don't shoot 3D anymore.******

For my area, I would have a hard time counting 10 that are still shooting since I began competing back in 2000.

bfisher
12-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Might be getting some age on me, but if I'm downhearted or letting the aches show it's because all my archery sidekicks have dwindling away. I have new sidekicks, but it's just not the same. My old sidekicks are still around. They just don't shoot 3D anymore.******

For my area, I would have a hard time counting 10 that are still shooting since I began competing back in 2000.

Boy Sonny, do I know that story. I can count on one hand the guys I used to shoot against that are still active, and I started shooting back in '73. Back then it was all field and target shooting. Some just can't believe that I still shoot, even though not as much as years past. I'm still known and respected by a lot of younger guys, but as you said, it's not the same. If I didn't coach kids around here I would probably have given this game up a few years back, but with them around at least there's somebody that I can still out shoot. LOL.

mushyswimming
12-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Old age doesn’t have to be a grim affair. There are new opportunities in retirement to look forward to and always be thankful that you have reached that age. Let us celebrate life while we can. Cheers! :)

bfisher
12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Old age doesn’t have to be a grim affair. There are new opportunities in retirement to look forward to and always be thankful that you have reached that age. Let us celebrate life while we can. Cheers! :)

You are so right that there are new avenues to travel. I'm now 66 and have been retired for 11 years so I've certainly figured out that life isn't the same as when I was working. My normal work week was in excess of 60 hours. Once I retired it was nothing. It took some time to adjust. These days, I wake up and find that I'm still breathing and my heart is still beating so it's a good day. I do have a sense of humor and people wonder why I'm always in a good mood. I tell them I may or may not have many years left so there's no reason to give people a reason to remember me as an old grouch. If I can make somebody laugh then it was worth living that day. And as so many find out in retirement there just isn't enough time in a day to accomplish what I'd like. The upside is, there is always tomorrow. LOL.

Tosi
12-20-2013, 06:43 PM
B your not old just mature. Just think B I'm over 55 and have a 5 year old and the oldest is 25. Go figure.