PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition

NuttyNative
12-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I can't seen to find any information regarding Rytera's. Their website is no longer up and Martin only has Martin information.
My question is this: What makes the "Limited Edition" Aliens special? Are they limited because of the resent Martin shake up & change of hands or is there something special with the bows?

wscywabbit
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't recall any limited edition Ryteras... where did you get it?

NuttyNative
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
This is how I've seen them advertised: New LIMITED EDITION 2012 Rytera Alien.

GB3YO
12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
r they from km archery

NuttyNative
12-17-2013, 07:07 PM
r they from km archery

Yes, so what makes them limited editions? As a seller I could understand the term "limited quantity's" but these say "limited edition". Was just curious what warranted the labeling?

Arrow Splitter
12-18-2013, 04:15 AM
I believe any of the "limited editions" have cams, limbs, or something else different on them then on the standard model.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
12-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Like this one:http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LIMITED-EDITION-Left-Hand-2012-Martin-Cougar-FC-Bonz-Camo-70-Acu-Trak-Cam-/301046561358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4617c5fa4e

The Cougar never had an Acutrak single cam on it like that one does.

Spiker
12-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah - I think its mostly Alien Z's and X's with single cams and/or rod&slide rather than roller guards.

NuttyNative
12-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Like this one:http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LIMITED-EDITION-Left-Hand-2012-Martin-Cougar-FC-Bonz-Camo-70-Acu-Trak-Cam-/301046561358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4617c5fa4e

The Cougar never had an Acutrak single cam on it like that one does.

The new Cougar FC is just a renamed 2011 Firecat 360 that came standard with the Acutrak cam. I don't know the Rytera line that well and their website is now gone. Were the roller guards standard on all models? I'm also guessing they had different cams based on your reply? Either way they should be great shooters with 34" and 36" ata & the Acutrak.

Spiker
12-18-2013, 12:35 PM
The AX and AZ used roller guards. The Nemesis had a short rod and slide.
All of them used the Hybrix 2.0 for long draw or the Hybrix 1.5 for shorter draw lengths.

Arrow Splitter
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
The new Cougar FC is just a renamed 2011 Firecat 360 that came standard with the Acutrak cam. I don't know the Rytera line that well and their website is now gone. Were the roller guards standard on all models? I'm also guessing they had different cams based on your reply? Either way they should be great shooters with 34" and 36" ata & the Acutrak.
Correct. That Cougar would still be limited edition because the Acutrak wasn't available in 2012 nor was it ever used with that model name. All Rytera's cams are basically just renamed from the ones on the Martins.

A.S

NuttyNative
12-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Well..... Santa has one headed this way, hard to pass up a Rytera at those prices. It's advertised as an X but has the specs of the Z, will see when it gets here. Really looking forward to the longer ata with the Acu-Trak. I have never shot a smoother cam on a compound.

Arrow Splitter
12-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Congrats. Pictures will be needed.;):cool:

A.S

Tosi
12-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Martin was getting rid of old stock. They made some Franken Bows and sold them on KM hut at the end of the old Martin era and called them Limited.

C Bailey
12-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Martin was getting rid of old stock. They made some Franken Bows and sold them on KM hut at the end of the old Martin era and called them Limited.

I'm looking real hard at one of these. Any thoughts on an Alien Z with Accutrac cams?

Anyone try to put Nitrous C on an Alien Z? I have a Nitrous-x setup sitting around, but I don't know if they would even fit or what the DL or poundage would be. How would it compare to the old nitrous Slayr specs, considering the ATA and BH are pretty close? Alien Z with Nitrous X; that would be sweet if you ask me.

For what it's worth, I have bought three bows from the KM guys over the years and they have been great. One bow was missing a part and they shipped it out super fast. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a bow from them and now that I see a bunch of lefties for sale, I'll likely pick one up.

NuttyNative
12-19-2013, 04:05 PM
I have bough several item from them in the past without issue. Had one hiccup that was taken care of very fast & professional. I was after a Z with the 36" ata and didn't notice the discrepancy in the listing until I made payment.

You Alien guys, is there an advantage of the roller guard over the slide or the other way around? Any preference of one over the other X or Z?

bfisher
12-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Nutty, I just sold my 2010 Z a couple months ago. It had the roller guard. I had no problems with it and no cable wear, but I thought it pulled the cables to the side more severely than I liked. What I did was remove it, reamed the front screw hole in the riser (just a little) and reinstalled the roller bracket with a 1/8" spacer between the riser and bracket at the hole I reamed. This changed the angle of the bracket so the rollers were closer to the center line of the bow. Now whether this did anything of value is up for debate. I never really scrutinized it, but think it reduced side load on the cables and the resulting limb twist that causes cam lean.

The bow was certainly a shooter and I think I should have kept it and sold one of Nemisis instead.

There used to be a user on here that installed Nitrous cams on his Scepter, I believe. The present limbs are too narrow between the forks for the Nitrous cams. What he did was file and sand them to make the Nitrous fit. I had measured and the forks were closer by just about 1/10".

NuttyNative
12-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Got the bow today and it is the wrong one. Supposed to be 55-70, good looking riser. Tosi, I think you are right. I was hoping the limbs were marked with the Rytera logo but they both say Martin & the riser is Rytera all the way. Measured the ata while I had it out for pictures and it was only 33". That is a Martin quality control issue in my opinion, unacceptable to be out that far.

Got the email out to the seller in hopes of clearing up the issue. Also hoping the next one will be a Z. The description had conflicting specs in it and I didn't notice it until it was paid for.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/Rytera002_zpsd8c5bc5e.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Nuttynative/media/Rytera002_zpsd8c5bc5e.jpg.html)
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/Rytera003_zpsd0901304.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Nuttynative/media/Rytera003_zpsd0901304.jpg.html)

Tosi
12-20-2013, 06:38 PM
NN sorry that the wrong one showed and hope you get the 70lbs limbs. I will say that the Accu-Trak cams were one of Martin best along with the old Nitrous. Can't wait to see the results once you get the bow you ordered.

NuttyNative
12-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Kinda frustrating, every new Martin I have bought has not been what was ordered. My Firecat 360 was rigged up with a string change to make the weight I ordered. My Ridge Hunter was advertised with cloaked cams and came black, and now this. If I didn't love the draw cycle of the Acu-Trak I'd go back to Bowtech. Working a deal with another guy on an Oneida Extreme Eagle. Hopefully it will pan out, I have a love hate relationship with them.

archerx7
12-21-2013, 11:28 AM
The Acutrak and Tranz single cams are identical with the exception of the name that was etched onto them. Rytera did make the AX and Z with the Tranz cam
from 09-12. String should measure 91" and the buss cable should be 34" on the AX, and ATA was close to 33". Not really sure on the specs for the Tranz Z as I never
sold any of those.

I will agree that the Acutrak, Tranz cams are super smooth to draw, and makes for a real pleasure to shoot for extended periods.

NuttyNative
12-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Was not in the know, wonder why they are advertised at 34"? I have to wait till Monday when the shop manager is in for an answer on my replacement. Looking forward to a Z.

C Bailey
12-27-2013, 02:27 PM
I noticed the same and asked the seller before bidding and he confirmed that they are actually X's and not Z's, despite the language buried in the ad with the Z stats listed. I also asked to be notified of any lefty Z's and I haven't heard back. I've got my fingers crossed, but i might just have to settle for an X.

NuttyNative
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
He got back to me yesterday & said they (Martin) had to build a Z for me because they were out and wanted to make it right with me. This one will be in the Next camo, no lefty Bonz Z risers in stock. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Kstig
12-30-2013, 08:11 AM
He got back to me yesterday & said they (Martin) had to build a Z for me because they were out and wanted to make it right with me. This one will be in the Next camo, no lefty Bonz Z risers in stock. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

The Alien-Z with the Hybrix cams was/is the very best overall/all purpose bow Martin/Rytera produced their last couple of years. I placed well in ASA tournaments (K45 and hunter) and shot some some solid 59X BHFS scores with mine.......... My Z had 1.5 cams for my stubby 26" draw.

NuttyNative
01-07-2014, 09:44 PM
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. The Z came in today and we have another problem. This bow has the Fury XT cam on it instead of the Acu-Trak. Also, there was no quality control sheet or quiver included with it. Playing email tag again.

I don't care for the Fury XT on Genny's (wifes) Cougar FC although it may be different on a longer bow? Starting to get real flustered, buying a bow should not be this difficult.

I gotta say this bow is lighter than expected. I like the way it looks and feels. Hopefully we'll get this straightened out soon, dying to shoot the 36" ata.

wscywabbit
01-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Ug, sorry to hear that NN. I'm sure that they will make it right, I don't mind the Fury cam myself; I like the adjust-ability they have, but that's just me. I just gave the auction you won a second look, man they were all over the place weren't they? The header says X, the info says Z, and they list 2 different ATA's...

NuttyNative
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Got word today that Alien 3 will be on it's way shortly. Third time supposed to be a charm, right?

Arrow Splitter
01-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Well, I hope it all works out for you. Let us know how it shoots.:cool:

A.S.

NuttyNative
01-22-2014, 04:48 PM
Ok, need info from the Mafia. Alien #3 came today, no label on the box, birth certificate/quality control check list blank. A few little items I'm not happy with but livable.

Here's my question : Alien 1 with the Fury cam, the limbs are marked 4LC and has a rod & slide. Alien #2 has the Acu-Trak cam and the limbs are marked 1HP and also has the CCS roller guide. Both are close to 36" ata, both say 55-70 pounds on the limb sticker so why are the limbs marked different? I would think both numbers should be the same. Also, will there be any major differences with the draw cycle between the rod/slide and CCS?
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/Aliens_zps4b419e6a.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Nuttynative/media/Aliens_zps4b419e6a.jpg.html)

Starting to feel like I'm getting jerked around to shut me up. I have been polite and not pushy in communication with the seller just trying to get what I was told I was buying.

wscywabbit
01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
i would assume that the limbs are different because the power curve in the cams are different, and the string/cable lengths are different... so different deflection rates would be needed to make the same numbers.

Its probably more the difference in cable lengths though... ;)

NuttyNative
01-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Its probably more the difference in cable lengths though... ;)

Never give that a thought, your probably right. I would think the longer set would be on the CCS bow, not so. Fury cam bow string is 99" and cable is 39 1/2". Acu-Trak bow is 98 string with 37 7/8 cable. Anyone else have a theory?
That is why I said in an earlier/other post that I think the roller guard bows draw a little harder for me. Think about it, if the strings are shorter to start with, and you have to pull them through a stationary object, doesn't that effectively shorten them per-say to a slide that moves with the strings?

wscywabbit
01-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Remember, its not just the route through the CCS, (I don't see how the CCS route is much different than the slide route) but the cable route in the cam as well as the distance of the pegs from the cam axle...

As to the impact the CCS has on the bow, I couldn't tell you, I've never owned one LOL. It seems to me though that keeping the cables static versus sliding on a rod would put a litte bit more pressure on the limbs. I don't even think they'd actually do much for cam lean, but I could see how they promote longer cable life by reducing friction. I know they (supposedly) give a smoother draw than cable slides do, but again I wouldn't know lol.

NuttyNative
01-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Would you be happy with this cam? The more I think about it & look at it, the madder I get. Totally seems like these bows are made with "seconds". The finish flat sucks, look at the shoddy, uneven grinding. You'll also notice there is NO + or - or pad on the draw stop. The CCS is beat up, scratched, dented, and came loose on the bow.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/cam2_zps51f73034.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Nuttynative/media/cam2_zps51f73034.jpg.html)
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/Nuttynative/cam1_zpsf30fb2ef.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Nuttynative/media/cam1_zpsf30fb2ef.jpg.html)

Considering sending all 3 back instead of 2.

wscywabbit
01-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I understand your frustration, its been a stressful last few weeks trying to get your order right. I agree that the cams don't have that "finished" look, and there may be some other small inconsistencies that you find, and they all add up. But that being said, and I'm gonna play the part of the antagonist here, you got a great deal on the bow and they've been working with you to see to it that you get the right order.

The thing is though, KM Archery hut sells these bows at a discount because they are factory seconds and last year's gear and probably factory returns (I'm willing to bet the "used" bows on their site are factory refurbished)... in short, don't you get what you pay for? If the bow has the correct riser, limbs and cams, and it shoots well and has no functional defects, I might call it a done deal... just throwing that out there. But again, it never hurts to ask ;)

NuttyNative
01-23-2014, 11:06 PM
I understand your frustration, its been a stressful last few weeks trying to get your order right. I agree that the cams don't have that "finished" look, and there may be some other small inconsistencies that you find, and they all add up. But that being said, and I'm gonna play the part of the antagonist here, you got a great deal on the bow and they've been working with you to see to it that you get the right order.

The thing is though, KM Archery hut sells these bows at a discount because they are factory seconds and last year's gear and probably factory returns (I'm willing to bet the "used" bows on their site are factory refurbished)... in short, don't you get what you pay for? If the bow has the correct riser, limbs and cams, and it shoots well and has no functional defects, I might call it a done deal... just throwing that out there. But again, it never hurts to ask ;)

Yes they have been working with me. According to them, both Z's came directly from Martin and had to be built. I may be more upset at the fact Martin lets things like this out the door?? I took the picture with my phone and it shows much more detail of the grinder marks and if you could see it in person you'd be shaking your head. Nowhere in any of the ads have I seen the word "seconds", I can accept last years model or used/refurbished if it clearly states it.

As far as getting what you pay for, plain & simple, no I haven't. I have bought 4 new Martins in the last two years, all from licensed dealers and only one has been what was ordered. Thanks Archerx7. Going to make the call Sunday, going to town and shoot them both (Z's).

wscywabbit
01-24-2014, 07:40 PM
yeah, Archeryx7 is pretty awesome :p... Like I said, just playin the part of the antagonist. I completely understand your frustration and would probably feel the same. Never hurts to ask either, you never know what the result will be. I'm hoping that whatever bow you keep does well for ya, and you get everything worked out :)

NuttyNative
01-24-2014, 10:56 PM
No worries dude, totally understand.

NuttyNative
01-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Finally had the chance to shoot the two Z's today. Still don't care for the "hump" with the Fury XT cam. It has a very sweet valley but getting there is uncomfortable for me. The deflection on these limbs are crazy for both being 70 pound bows.

The Z with the Fury cam and slide rod are 4LC and topped out at 74 pounds, had to turn it down to 62 before it was halfway comfortable for me, and was still twice as loud as the other one, both being bare. This bow also had rubber spiders in the string from the factory.

The Z with the Acu-Trak cam limbs are 1HP and topped out at 78 pounds. This bow also has the CCS and a bare string. The draw cycle is almost identical to my Ridge Hunter and what I was after in the beginning. Set it at 70 pounds and was spooky quiet for a bare bow.

Both bows were within 1/4" on ATA and brace and both were equally fast. The fit & finish on the Fury bow is a tad better.

Looks like I'll be keeping the Acu-Trak Z.