PDA

View Full Version : New Member to forum and Martin Bows

khill82
01-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Well I did it today, I purchased a Martin Blade X4. First bow ever! good bow for starters? I have read many reviews and having a hard time figuring out a thumbs up or thumbs down from everyone. Please let me know your opinions and must do's and dont's for this bow. Thanks

Kenny Hill
MSgt US Air Force Reserves

Mike G
01-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Kenny.

Although I have never shot a Blade X4, from what I know of Martin bows you have made a great choice, no choice would have been bad. Welcome to the GREAT sport of ARCHERY!!!!

Mike

elkslayer4x5
01-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the Martin forum. Glad you've joined us on this site. We all like to help when we can, motto here is "the only dumb question is the one not asked". With out knowing what you want to achieve, can't really tell you any dos or don't, other than don't dryfire your new bow. Just in case, if you don't already know, "dryfiring" is drawing and releasing the bowstring without an arrow on the string . What type of archery are you interested in? :)

FishingandHuntingUSA
01-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Howdy

TEN RING
01-05-2014, 12:56 PM
welcome to the forum

Tosi
01-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Yep got another one'. Welcome

Arrow Splitter
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the one and only Martin Tech Forum, we are definitely glad to have you.:cool: As to your bow choice, I think it will work fine for you. If you need any help adjusting it or anything else, just let us know. That's why we're here.

A.S

Chip
01-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum.

andy_camping
01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Welcome Kenny! Glad to have you and I think you'll really enjoy our little forum family here!

khill82
01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome messages! I am brand new to archery, and at the same time I am teaching my daughter to shoot as well. I am looking to start target shooting as well as hunting... My girlfriend has been into archery and hunting for years, she competes as well. So it has peeked my interest, so time for me to learn. Luckily I have a friend that owns a bow shop here in town to take care of all my initial set up and adjustments. I am not looking at winning competitions and shooting that trophy buck, but I would like to have the set-up to do so, on a budget of course.

Double S
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum and to the great Sport of Archery and Bowhunting. ONE WARNING.....Archery can get very addicting!. :cool:

Like Elkslayer4x5 stated above. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Ask away.