PDA

View Full Version : New toy comming monday... Diablo TD

ElkSlayer
01-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Thats right there will be another martin joining the family Martin Diablo takedown. its #45.
Traded off a Oneida tomcatIII , my nephew got out of a storage locker and gave it to my son:cool:

Son is now almost 16 and has found he realy likes traditional archery. He is shooting a #20 now and its nothing to him. We were looking for a 30-35# to stepup to and was offerd the Diablo. I just had to get it ...lol

So now were are still in the market for a lighter bow, to use as a step between were he is and the new Martin. good thing its a take down and a lighter set of limbs can picked up.
Any one know if other makers limbs can be used on the Diablo riser? Going to be a while untill we can pick up a martin set.:(
unless we find a set of used ones ... but thus far a search has turned up nada.

Stevtech
01-11-2014, 08:02 PM
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. But I don't know about any other limbs. I have 35# on mine. I orederd it not knowing anything. Seems like it was a good choise.

CaptJJ
01-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I remember reading (AT, I think) that the Samick limbs will fit a Martin, might want to check on that possibility.

ElkSlayer
01-12-2014, 11:10 AM
I think your right I rembr reading the same thing awhile back
But I am here to ask the ones that know for sure:cool:

elkslayer4x5
01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I remember reading (AT, I think) that the Samick limbs will fit a Martin, might want to check on that possibility.

I read the same thing :)

CaptJJ
01-12-2014, 03:01 PM
I think your right I rembr reading the same thing awhile back
But I am here to ask the ones that know for sure:cool:

Instead of waiting for answer, try searching the internet, the answer is out there and I found it easily.:cool:

bfisher
01-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Try asking on the Traditional forum on AT. That's where I think I remember reading it. Or simply take the bow to a shop that handles Samick. I've heard ILF limbs fit, too.

ElkSlayer
01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Try asking on the Traditional forum on AT. That's where I think I remember reading it. Or simply take the bow to a shop that handles Samick. I've heard ILF limbs fit, too.

thanks . been all over that place today...lol looking for a few things. now if ILF limbs fit thats good to know.

CaptJJ
01-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Try this : https://www.google.com/search?q=samick+sage+limbs+on+martin+jaguar&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=#q=samick+sage+limbs+on+martin+jaguar&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox

I only had to type in "sage limbs m"(going for sage limbs martin riser) and this suggested search popped up.;)

ElkSlayer
01-12-2014, 06:13 PM
thats where I read the info we have already. thanks for the link anyways :cool: I have searched just about ever post made...

Barry says he heres ILF may fit. Going to check my local dealer once we get the bow. also deals with samick. any one else swaped limbs on there martin takedown

elkslayer4x5
01-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Good news... Bow arived today...but it has a twisted upper limb! :( Elkslayer called Martin CS, and right now is boxing the 45# limbs up and will be sending them up to Martin, once recieved, Martin will be sending back a new set of 35# limbs. Gotta love Martin Archery!!!:D:D

ElkSlayer
01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Just got of the phone with Martin Archery. great guy I spoke with said the new set should go out this afternoon he is going to e mail me a tracking number. I should get then end of the week of corse it will most likly be monday..as we all know UPS dose not work weekends;)

NuttyNative
01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
UPS runs on Saturdays here.

ElkSlayer
01-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Well then.. i can always hope it shows then;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-18-2014, 03:51 AM
Congrats ElkSlayer!! should be a nice bow when your all set

Hutch

ElkSlayer
01-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Yes it is nice, still waiting for the new limbs. Hope to see them monday

ElkSlayer
01-22-2014, 01:38 PM
They got here tuesday.. good turn around. only had one small problum top limb fit too tightly on riser. checked the distance from hole to butt end on limbs and sure enough top limb was .01 to long so a little sanding block work and it all good now. son likes it and shot it well for his 1st round. 35# is perfect for him to get his form and release down.

Stevtech
01-22-2014, 08:20 PM
I took a small diamond rat tail file that I had bought some time ago at Harbor frieght and filed all the corners that the string goes around on the bow tips. I think I smoothed out the groove that the string is in on the limbs. Also used some folded 400 grit sand paper. Not much, it just gave the string a little more radius on the corners. Seems to make the serving stay on better. I was going through strings fast. Serving was breaking at the edges.

ElkSlayer
01-22-2014, 08:39 PM
whats the weight on your's. I just twisted the string up to set the BH @ 7" . need to set the rest, then geta new one..lol

Just come on to Ask what you guys have it set to off the riser?.

Have some 1916 were thinking may shoot nicely once we get them fletched. only have razors need to do one up see if it will fly..the over spined 29" carbons w/plastic fletchs dont ...lol just slaped my arm with the Diablo:D its already fun to shoot