PDA

View Full Version : Center punched

ElkSlayer
01-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Well I have been shooting my Darton Fury 48#'s @28 . I draw it 31+ stacks up to 55#.
We like to hang a bottle cap in frount of the target , gives us a smaller aim point to do our instinctive shooting. last spring I was grouping well, was increasing my yardage here is some I shot at a paper plate.

Being it is cold and wet out most shooting is indoors @ caps. well I was shooting last night and did not hang a cap. I would just aim at my 1st arrow, if it hit its mark in the bull.. well I was stacking um tight and then IT happend.. a robin hood with my recurve. It center punched the nock exploded the back 5" on my arrow and wraped carbon around the other shaft..sad thing is it bounced out ... here is a pic of the results

Arrow Splitter
01-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Great shootin' ES.:cool:

A.S

Rockyhud
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Impressive, especially for a trad bow shot. What distance were you shooting when the Robin Hood occurred?

wscywabbit
01-21-2014, 07:34 PM
lol that's awesome, great shooting! :)

ElkSlayer
01-21-2014, 09:48 PM
When it rain's.... you shoot in side...lol
went out to shoot after dinner, hung a blue water bottle cap.. took a few shots at it and... I did it Again only this time it stuck. Im out 3 arrows in 2 days:cool: snaped a few pictures and hung it up on some antlers. 4x5 and I were just talking about this the other day ..Now two days in a row..wife says I need to stop doing it, dont know about that, lol but now I need some new arrows
heck even the cock feather lines up

elkslayer4x5
01-22-2014, 10:02 AM
He's been stackin 'em in there like that ever since the grandson discovered that he prefers traditional bows. Got the new 35# limbs yesterday, small glitch in assembly, top limb had a slight burr on the end and would'nt fit, sanded it down, and now fits fine. Grandson's first group of six was about 5", all good for elevation, had a bit of windage spread, not bad for his first 6 shots with the Diablo, and mis-spined arrows.
Rocky.. we shoot from 5 yards in the garage. we do this practice to ensure a better release, and it lets the grandson join us, if we where shooting 30 yds, he'd feel a bit less encouraged.
I can still stack 'em pretty tight as well, bottom pic is 3 wallyworld carbons, 2 of 'em in the cap, my own self preservatioin made me pull the third one out of the cap, tough to destroy even wally's arrows, refuse to shoot my woodies that tight.

ElkSlayer
01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
todays plan is to shoot just 1 arrow at the cap. 3rd shot this am was in the cap...
savin the rest of my arrows for huning season...lol

bfisher
01-22-2014, 03:07 PM
todays plan is to shoot just 1 arrow at the cap. 3rd shot this am was in the cap...
savin the rest of my arrows for huning season...lol

Saving them for WHAT? When does hunting season start? What arrows are they? You do know that whatever company it is, they make them every day. LOL. Hey, that's pretty good shooting

ElkSlayer
01-22-2014, 03:17 PM
depends... what season.... cougar is open now, turkeys open in april , bear in aug 1st and deer and elk last weekend in Aug....
noway I make it till then if i keep this up...lol I know arrows are made everyday, but not by me.. I have other things to get 1st. need some one to buy a bow case or 3...lol

BTW they are 32" vapors 400's ..I realy like um

bfisher
01-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Man, that's some stiff arrows you're shooting there. I remember having some Vapors years back. Pretty good arrows for the money. Bought by Gold Tip and then phased out. This was some time before Carbon Express came along with their everything being $100+ arrows. Less competition (choices) and prices go up.

ElkSlayer
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Ya Iam at the bottom on spine, got them on clearance. Thou they fly well
What would you suggest in a carbon

ElkSlayer
02-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Picked up some new shafts from cabelas with my gift card. more 400's I asked the guy.. are they 32"? he goes and gets a tape checkes a shaft says yes they are... So I get home with them to discover he cant read a tape. or just dont know how to check a arrow for length. LOL should have checked my self :rolleyes:.they are 31 1/2 good news is I can shoot um thou im not putting a Broad head on, comes too close to bow hand. looking forwad to hitting the range at our club. I had enough feathers to do up 7 will most likely do the others in with turkey or goose. maybe more flu flu's