PDA

View Full Version : Gotta get Martin back in the Pro-Shops!

CLT Bluesman
01-29-2014, 07:09 PM
I just went to the most well-known Pro-Shop here in my area, and asked to see the new Martin's. They are listed on the Martin web site as a Martin vendor. I was told that all they do is service Martin's they do not carry any more Martin bows, only service them. He made another remark about they were out of business but trying to restructure, but that he does not carry their bows anymore. This is too bad.

I hope Martin has a plan and a sales team out their beating the bushes trying to get Martin's back in the pro shops.

NuttyNative
01-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Same in the Reno area. The dealers that normally have them in stock all say they are waiting on Martin to ship to them. The shop that was helping with my Z said a lot of people been asking about the new Martins & they could have sold a bunch if they had them.

Sonny Thomas
01-30-2014, 08:04 AM
The song sang many places....Until the end of 2008 the shop I worked at was the only shop that carried Martin's, the Gold Series. Other shops were said Martin dealers, but didn't stock, only ordered.

naptime
01-30-2014, 09:14 AM
they'll get there.

i have a local shop that also has a martin sign, but no longer stocks martin. he told me he only carried martin for his entry level / low cost brand, but has since replaced it with something else. he did mention that he MAY begin carrying it again once they are back on their feet.

it will take some time. I obviously have no horse in this race, but my guess is, nobody spends that much to buy a company, and then not go through the necessary steps to get it on shelves. But it will certainly take some time.

They are going to dealers and saying please put us on your shelf. they're going in and trying to convince them that all is well now, that they are back on the upswing, that the quality is there, that the support is there, and that the longevity will be there. For many dealers, that wont be an easy task.

droppixel
01-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Can't find one in my area at all that will carry them in stock. They'll order for you if you convince them hard enough from what I know, but if you ask about Martin most get all bent because they are Hoyt/Mathews/Bowtech dealers and "Martin just doesn't sell around here" ... that is because everyone shoves those other companies down everyone's throats.

Really hope there is a shop within a reasonable distance that will pick up the new line because I would like to shoot a few of the new models and hopefully get another one in my hand.

Lung Buster
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
There are no Martin dealers within 2 hours drive for me. When I bought my Bone Hunter I got it from D/"?!s sporting goods but they don't carry them any more either. Hopefully someone will deal Martin again because I would like to buy another one in the future but would like to shoot them before buying one.

tabman
02-04-2014, 03:17 PM
doing what I can in my area as a dealer. I have a lot of interest. I am excited to meet with the rep and make my "big" order.

Ehunter
02-04-2014, 07:20 PM
LB, I think the reason Dick's isn't carrying them is due to the fact that they couldn't get any bows from Martin. Talking to my local rep, he said that was the problem with Bass and Cabelas as well. Not enough supply for the demand, so alot of stores stopped carrying them. However, the stores he was selling to said if Martin ever got production back up, they'd start carrying them again. Hopefully Dick's will too.

droppixel
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
The Bass Pro near me has the full line of Bear bow and a good chunk of PSE and Prime bows - it would be awesome to see that happen with Martin's either in BPS or Gander. Dicks near me just doesn't push archery that hard. Currently there are only 3 bows out on the shelf at the closest DSG all PSE garbage bows.

CLT Bluesman
02-04-2014, 09:11 PM
The Gander in my area had a few Diamond brand bows. They had more crossbows than anything. Crossbows are selling like hotcakes to the gun hunters.

Lung Buster
02-05-2014, 07:22 AM
LB, I think the reason Dick's isn't carrying them is due to the fact that they couldn't get any bows from Martin. Talking to my local rep, he said that was the problem with Bass and Cabelas as well. Not enough supply for the demand, so alot of stores stopped carrying them. However, the stores he was selling to said if Martin ever got production back up, they'd start carrying them again. Hopefully Dick's will too.

I hope so because as much as I love Martin I won't buy another one without shooting it first. I am going to Harrisburg on Friday and can't wait to check out the Martin booth and see what they have to say!! Wonder if I can shoot any there?

bfisher
02-05-2014, 03:30 PM
I hope so because as much as I love Martin I won't buy another one without shooting it first. I am going to Harrisburg on Friday and can't wait to check out the Martin booth and see what they have to say!! Wonder if I can shoot any there?

Lungbuster, look for me at the show. I was just there today and they somehow got me to volunteer to help for a couple days. Jason and Chris (from Martin) are working the booth right now. They have display bows and I believe there are some set up to shoot for demo purposes.

Barry

Lung Buster
02-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Lungbuster, look for me at the show. I was just there today and they somehow got me to volunteer to help for a couple days. Jason and Chris (from Martin) are working the booth right now. They have display bows and I believe there are some set up to shoot for demo purposes.

Barry

I will be there Friday and I took note of there booths I will look you up!

Lung Buster
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Barry

Barry, I just wanted to say how much of a pleasure it was meeting and talking with you today!! It was nice to put a face to a name! Hope you guys stayed busy and had a lot of interest in the Martin brand!!

bfisher
02-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Likewise Jason. Sorry I didn't answer yesterday, but I left the show at 5:00 and with all the traffic went straight to my archery club for an indoor league shoot at 6:30. Got home at 10:30 and since I had gotten up at 5am I was just a bit tired. Yes, I think we must have talked about everything. And now we both know that we are both average JOES when it comes to our love of archery. I'm sure we could have talked on and on, but you traveled too far, spent good money so had a lot more to see than this old man. Hope you had fun. If I ever have to travel down your way I'll get your address and stop by to see you.