PDA

View Full Version : 08 Cheetah issues

dslchuck
02-24-2008, 02:11 PM
In my previous thread was and still am having clearance issues with vanes and cables. Went and shot our local Bow Tournament today and noticed my bow getting louder and louder. The guys I shot with commented on how loud it is. Since I bought have added Limb Savers to the limbs and a STS. It's only a 45-60lb bow.....and my arrows weigh 368 grns. Even tried my buddies 425 grn arrow and didn't seem to matter. Is this a one piece riser? I mean the top looks like it could be two pieces pressed together. Reason asking is we noticed there might be a little seperation developing on top of it. (where the two circular parts are that make it look two piece) The paint has chipped all around the top half of it. Not looking good by any means. The fact is it almost sounds as bad a dry firing one. Any know issues with this bow? The one I shot at Bass Pro was extremely quite which help me in my decision of buying this bow.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also notice the bottom side of limb pockets where they meet the riser are not painted...just the outer sides. My buddies Bengal looks to have far superior paint job. I have little chips coming off in several places and bow is now 3 weeks old.

Montalaar
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
AFAIK the 08 bows are made of three parts pressed together at the upper and the lower side of the riser. You should take the bow to your dealer and7or call the customer service for some help.

dslchuck
02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks for the info

dslchuck
02-24-2008, 04:05 PM
would you consider this a common issue or more isolated? in other words....what would you consider the odds of getting a bad riser in 1 out of a 100?

bfisher
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Definitely an isolated case. The riser is a three piece design,but is bolted together, not pressed. You are corect that it is bolted at the circle at the top of the sight window. The other joint is right at the arrow shelf. If you remove the rubber piece on the shelf you'll see the bolts.

If your riser is separating, as you think, and the paint is cracking or you actually see the separation then it probably is. Take it back to your dealer or contact Martin customer service. DO NOT SHOOT the bow. It is unsafe to do so.