PDA

View Full Version : Mystic vs Bengal draw weight

aramkiss
02-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi,

I was trying shooting a Mystic bow out a day ago and I noticed it felt a little difficult to draw compared against the Bengal I had tried out a couple weeks ago. I switched back and forth and it felt different. Both were set at 50# draw weight. Has this anything to do with Bengal being a parallel bow and that makes it easier to draw or something to do with cam design?

I ordered 60# weight Mystic because dealer told me he can reduce weight to 50# and I would work my way up as I got more experience. Now I am wondering if I should of ordered a 50#. Any advice about this situation?

Andre

bfisher
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Did they both have the same cam on them? Were they both measured and set for the same draw length? What limbs wereon the Mystic. All these things can make a difference on the draw cycle.

aramkiss
02-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Bengal is single cam and Mystic was a elite bow. Both were set at #50 and both had a draw length of 26.

bfisher
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
OK, so the Mystic probably had the Furious cams, right? And having Elite limbs the cam/modules were smaller than the Bengal's MPro cam. This means it takes a little more oomph to get the cam started.

The two bows just have different draw characteristics. The Furious cam will probably shoot a little faster. Also, the Furious can be adapted with an extra set of modules and made into Martin's X system (cabling) which eliminates the cable rod.

I won't say which system is better; dual or single cam. I know which one I prefer, but you gotta make up your own mind. I would also say thatgiven a little time your body will adjust to almost anything you draw.

Also be advised that Martin bows have a 15# weight range, so if you ordered a 60# model you can easily turn it down to 45# if you need to, and it won't hurt the bow whatsoever.

aramkiss
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Good explaination ... just wanted to make sure it wasn't me ... still waiting for my Mystic order.

Thanks

Andre