PDA

View Full Version : 06 slayer vs 10 warthog.

rjd
02-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Currently shooting an 06 slayer nitrous b cams . Love it great bow . Have a chance to pick up a 10 warthog 60 limbs bare bow .

Any thoughts from everyone . Good Bad Ugly? Condition is atleast excellent. Owner is very picky with his equipment.

ElkSlayer
02-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Can you go and shoot it.. That will tell you what you need to know.. Besides you can allways use a new bow..Or is it a trade off,and you have to give one up?

Ehunter
02-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Can't say anything about the Slayer, never shot one. I will say the Warthog is a great bow. One of the Martins I will always have on hand. Smooth, fast, quiet, and very accurate.

elkslayer4x5
02-22-2014, 09:54 AM
If you're getting the 2010 Warthog for a good deal, it's pretty hard to go wrong, most guys who have Warthogs really seem to like them, and of course we know about 06 Slayers. If it turns out that the Warthog is'nt the bow you wanted it to be, you can always resell. And of course if it is the bow that you wanted it to be, you'll have two great bows. Resale on Nitrous camed 06 Slayer's is pretty good, if you want to go down that road.

mxtuner1
02-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Warthog is lighter, shorter ATA, shorter limbs, and designed for what Martin at the time thought we wanted in a speed do it all bow. Slayer is heavier (more stable), longer ATA (more stable), proven best of the best cam system (gotta say the word... NITROUS!) and are super accurate and can be shot (cable guard or cable guide) or the other way shoot through. Both shoot almost exactly the same speed and can be used for the same type of archery. Both are really adjustable. Slayer will have a little less string angle for shooter at given draw length due to ATA. Warthog slightly more maneuverable due to shorter ATA. Both bring similar prices used. Mustang or Camaro? All is well and everyone needs more than one bow. Just thought of one more that is pretty serious... when the access to square tip limbs (Slayer) dries up, (almost there Martin has no more), the only limbs available are for the Warthog and as of now Martin has a few left and Barnsdale makes the newer style limb. Barnsdale does not make the square tip limbs anymore, but threw out the teaser he MIGHT make a run next summer if there is a need and if he gets caught up. Trying not to hold breath.

mxtuner1
02-22-2014, 05:05 PM
BTW I have another bow from a different manufacturer that he promised me a set of 40 lb limbs for my wife and that was in Sept 2012. After at least 50 messages including phone messages he sent me that he would do it for her, her $1150 bow is sitting there collecting dust. It is such a beautiful bow and has almost no value now. Was promised by his secretary she thought they were shipped at least twice. I even returned a set of brand new 60 lb limbs to him that wouldn't work for us. So having access to readily available limbs is a big thing.

rjd
02-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Ive shot it . Bow is in execelent shape used for 3d and 300 shooting . Best part it a lefty and I don't have to hurry to get it .