PDA

View Full Version : Bullet X with Nitrous B's

Ehunter
03-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. Bullet X riser with Nitrous B cams. Good bow, great bow????? Fast, slow, stable? Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

mxtuner1
03-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Bullet X's are a joy to shoot and relatively easy to tune. They have developed an almost cult like following. But since you have asked my opinion, I will give it to you straight up. Bullet-X's are just not as fast as I would like. They are a normal bow with normal speeds, great for hunting. But giving up 40 fps to my Slayr's at same draw weight won't cut it with me. You really notice the difference with hunting weight arrows.

bfisher
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Bullet X's are a joy to shoot and relatively easy to tune. They have developed an almost cult like following. But since you have asked my opinion, I will give it to you straight up. Bullet-X's are just not as fast as I would like. They are a normal bow with normal speeds, great for hunting. But giving up 40 fps to my Slayr's at same draw weight won't cut it with me. You really notice the difference with hunting weight arrows.

Funny you should say this. I have about the same results with these newer Cat/Nitro/Hybrix cammed bows when compared to my old Slayer. Without ever having shot or handled a Bullet X I don't know how they compare to the Slayer, but my 2004 Slayer is the only bow I ever had that would shoot and honest 300+ fps at 27.5" draw and 5 gr/lb arrow. The Slayer was rated at 325fps whereas these newer Hybrid cammed bows are rated at 335 fps, but actually shoot about 30 fps slower than the old Slayer. Go figure.

elkslayer4x5
03-03-2014, 10:05 AM

Mx, with your engineering background, can you explain why there would be such a differnce? Limb angle, perhaps?

mxtuner1
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Btw...I am the wrong engineer type, but have always made mechanical designs and racing my whole life. Now my brother who is a certified genius, and studying to be a mechanical and electrical engineer at the same time, I will sit with him and go through the mechanical side of the limb angles. He is always bored and socially awkward (goes with territory usually) and go through the physics with him. Since he is the littlest brother, I will make him do it, lol. This will be interesting for all of us. I do know that limb technologies had to get better account more stress (preload) and almost all companies (except Hoyt) have had limb issues. My goal would be to utilize the cam design and powerstroke to get the speed with not a lot of limb stress. Here is one for you to ponder while we are waiting to talk to my brother...why do heavier weight limbs shoot faster at the same draw weight (say both at 60 lbs...a 70 lb limb at 60 and a 60 lb limb at 60)? Kinda opposite of what the early days of archery said and what was known as chiseled in stone. I can remember looking for limbs for my Hoyt Ultra Elite because I wanted 5 lbs less draw and I had to go through Hoyt's tech dept to figure which limbs to get and then try to find some when I should have backed the limb bolts out a couple and shot faster anyway and should have used the time to practice instead of worrying about which EXACT limb I thought I needed, lol.

Ehunter
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
MX, thanks for the input. I've got an old single cam Bullet X sitting around collecting dust, so thought I might try to find a set of "B" cams for it. Doesn't sound like it would really be worth it though. I was trying to think of a decent Frankenbow build for it.