PDA

View Full Version : New Shooter and Looking for advice

jnmorris
03-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Im mostly new to bow shooting so looking for some advice, bought a 2013 nitro alien 3.0 and need to know is a whisper biscuit will fit my bow also need a good sight if any of you are from Central Virginia Id like to find a dealer to help me set this bow up ok looking for answers and thanks

GB3YO
03-18-2014, 10:01 AM
It will work and welcome to archery u got an awesome bow

Lung Buster
03-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the forum! I believe you will be able to use a whisker biscuit with no problem! As far as sights what are you looking for fixed pins, adjustable will you be hunting or 3d? Shooting from the ground or a tree stand? Just need a little more info and I am sure we can help you out! Congrats on the new bow.

Sonny Thomas
03-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Welcome aboard...

First, you don't need a Martin dealer to help you get going. Any good archery shop can do that.

More than likely, yes, a Whisker Biscuit will work on your Alien. Whisker Biscuits and their kind have changed many times. So make sure of fit before buying. A good dealer will work with you.

So many sights on the market.... Normally a 3 pin will get the job done. I'd opt for a .019" or .029" diameter pin.

Peep should be of size to either center the pin (s) or center the housing of the sight.

You didn't note draw weight, draw length or spine of arrows. Again, a good archery shop.........

webbnate_45
03-18-2014, 03:58 PM
First, welcome to the forum...... Second, welcome to the Martin family! As others have said the whisker biscuit should work. As for a sight, I prefer a 3 pin. Of course if you are using it for more than hunting and target practice you may want a 5 pin for additional yardage. Just go to the closest archery shop to you and they will help you set it up with whatever it needs and have you shooting in only a couple mins. And fairly cheap too, shops around here only charge a $10 fee to install a peep sight, d loop, and help get your bow sighted in. Good luck to ya!

hawkdriver55
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place to ask a question. Most of the guys in here have forgot more about archery than most normal archers will ever know.

CLT Bluesman
03-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the site! This place is loaded with knowledge. Go through the different topics, and you will find it all here. Even how to delicately walk in Wal-Mart aisles. It is all here!!

wscywabbit
03-18-2014, 06:20 PM
sounds like everyone pretty much has this covered, so I'll simply say welcome to the forum, and congrats on a really sweet bow!

elkslayer4x5
03-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Welcome to the site.

Arrow Splitter
03-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum jnmorris.:cool:

A.S