PDA

View Full Version : new member with Nemesis questions

SK Guinn
03-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Well I purchased a used one for my stepson who lives in another state I had him go to a proshop and measure his draw being left handed we had little luck finding a bow in the shops so I went online . Problem is they measured him at 27.5 so I bought the nemesis thinking were good he flew in last night problem its to long I measure him at 26.5 the bow only goes down to 27 do I need new cams or is there a way to get an extra 1/2 inch. Any thoughts from Nemesis guru"s.

GB3YO
03-21-2014, 07:35 AM
if it has nitro or hybrix 2.0 cams u could swap for a 1.5 cam wich will shorten it or u could shorten with the drawstop but will loose some let off have u set it at 27 and let him see how it feels sometimes they run a little on the short side atleast my martins do

Rutnstrut
03-23-2014, 12:32 PM
I am a 26.5" draw on some bows and 27" on others, 27" is perfect on my Aliens.

wscywabbit
03-24-2014, 11:56 AM
You can set it at the lowest setting, and then move the drawstop to its lowest setting. If that still doesn't do it, you can add some twists to the shoot string and get another quarter inch or so. You'll probably need to let a twist or two out of the cables to maintain draw weight, but that's ok because it will also take a smidge from the drawlegth as well, just not as much as twisting the shoot string will. Any decent bow shop can help with this as well.

If that gets close, but no cigar, he can try shooting off the string instead of a release loop (assuming he's shooting with a release aid). This doesn't really affect the drawlength, but it may make it more comfortable for him. Also, if he is using a release, he can get one that has small pinchers on the front and has a trigger that is further forward than most... I use a Scott Wildcat for that same reason... Hope that helps!