PDA

View Full Version : My Strings Broke Today

MarkFrantz
03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I had my Bow at full draw today and my Y-Cable broke about 2'' above the slider , let me tell ya what a feeling that is !! the arrow went about 10 yards and was broke in half , I just purchased this Martin Bow in December and maintained it very well whats the chances Martin will stand by the strings ?

flytier17
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I think no warrenty on strings, but i am not sure.

Time to call pro-string or as bfisher says, Bucknasty.

I responded on bowcountry as well.

MarkFrantz
03-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I think no warrenty on strings, but i am not sure.

Time to call pro-string or as bfisher says, Bucknasty.

I responded on bowcountry as well.

I was just wandering ! Yeah i'm waiting for Stringy to pop in to tell him to get twistin ...LOL....I was ordering a set from him this week anyways , but wasnt supposed to be under these circumstances ...oh well sh!t happens.

dbd870
03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Check over your limbs etc. as well for damage. That's really unfortunate! :eek:

cdfirefighter1
03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I would really look that bow over for other damage.. look at the limbs especially..

bfisher
03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I would agree. Look the bow over. Pay particular attention to the limb tips and fork area.

I've had this happen a few times in my career and I can almost laugh. I know it's not funny, but as you said sh!t happens.

I've seen it happen with strings only a couple days old. Mkaes ya wonder about these guys who shoot the same strings for 5-10 years and nothing happens. Luck of the draw, I guess.

You could call Joel or Jake and see if they'll give you new ones, being as the bow is only a couple months old. You have nothing to lose.

Hey, what color strings are you having made. How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?

MarkFrantz
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I would agree. Look the bow over. Pay particular attention to the limb tips and fork area.

I've had this happen a few times in my career and I can almost laugh. I know it's not funny, but as you said sh!t happens.

I've seen it happen with strings only a couple days old. Mkaes ya wonder about these guys who shoot the same strings for 5-10 years and nothing happens. Luck of the draw, I guess.

You could call Joel or Jake and see if they'll give you new ones, being as the bow is only a couple months old. You have nothing to lose.

Hey, what color strings are you having made. How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?

Well i know it would be worth a shot to call Joel or Jake , but i do have about 2000 shots or better on them since Christmas anymore on a nice Saturday afternoon Ill shoot 150 arrows easy thats not including my 2 trips aweek to the indoor Range at Bass Pro , so i'm not going to push the issue . Well i decided to go with a guy i've been talking to for awhile instead of ProStrings , Nothing wrong with ProStrings Just decided to go with a more local guy called M&R Bow Strings , a small guy that makes alot of strings and his price was right , i called tonight and ordered them Tan & Green with Green serving and green release loops , He twisted them up and called me back a couple hours latter and said they were done and even served for my string suppressor hees Priority Mailing them out to me Tomorrow and said i didnt have to Pay Pall him till i recieved the strings and liked them and tried them , Not two many guys will do that for Ya a very nice guy to talk to if anyone is interested i'll post his #

dbd870
03-04-2008, 06:13 AM
How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?

My daughter is going for either that combo or purple/yellow for her next set.

bfisher
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
My daughter is going for either that combo or purple/yellow for her next set.

Glad to see that somebody knows there are other colors in this world besides some sort of camo.

I have a new FireCat coming, in camo, and I think I'm going to try to set and example and a set from Bucknasty in Pink & Purple. Somebody has to try to start a new trend.

Mark, sounds like you have a decent deal there. Try 'em before you pay? Not many will do that. What is he charging if I may ask?

Barry

flytier17
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I got mine in orange/silver with orange/black cables and hot green serving, loops, and peep and rest tie-in.

flytier17
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?

I for 1 am not queer. I am not saying you are if you get those colours, but then your mental health might be of some concern:D

MarkFrantz
03-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Glad to see that somebody knows there are other colors in this world besides some sort of camo.

I have a new FireCat coming, in camo, and I think I'm going to try to set and example and a set from Bucknasty in Pink & Purple. Somebody has to try to start a new trend.

Mark, sounds like you have a decent deal there. Try 'em before you pay? Not many will do that. What is he charging if I may ask?

Barry

He's charging me $60.00 with the priority mail included , I should have them by tomorrow , i was going to have the strings twised in the collors of the 2'' blazers i fletch up yellow and orange , if these strings impress me i'll have him make me a set in that collor also .

MarkFrantz
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM

Barry He charged me $60.00 freight included a bunch of decals and a hat . If they shoot like he says they should i'll get a set twisted up to match my Blazers Yellow and orange .

bfisher
03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
If they're as good as you expect them to be that's a fair price. Just about what Bucknasty charges, with shipping included.

MarkFrantz
03-04-2008, 06:13 PM

BarryHe charged me $60.00 shiped Priority mail included ,a couple of decals and a hat .

MarkFrantz
03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
sorry about posting the same thing it wasnt showing my posts for some reason on my computer untill now ....LOL...

dbd870
03-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Just had Justin Morgan put a new set on my Cougar; Fluorescent Green and Orange. $50.00 and got another sticker for the bow case. ;)

bfisher
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Just had Justin Morgan put a new set on my Cougar; Fluorescent Green and Orange. $50.00 and got another sticker for the bow case. ;)

Yeah, but that ain't purple and pink.

Montalaar
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Btt. I have been at a local archery store in the region (one of the most respected stores in germany) and they told me that i should replace the original strings from martin asap because they have a greater chance to break. What do you think about it? I can get a set of cables made from S-0 (do not know if you know it, it is a special product from a german string material producer (i do not know the right word for that)) for yround 60 that means around 70$ with really high quality. Should i think about changing it in the next few weeks/months?

bfisher
03-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't think the Martin strings are more prone to breaking any more than other strings. Afterall, they are made from the same materials. That being said, if you have what might be a better product or better material then I thnk somewhere along the line you might give them a try. That's basically how most of us gain the knowledge we have. You never know, it just might be the makings of the next best string material or string maker.

Of course if this should prove out you know you have a duty to post it as such in the future.

Montalaar
03-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Well.

IN this case i will order a set of cables this month after my holidays. Now i just need to find out the length of my cables. I don't know if i can rely on the sticker on my lower limb. Hm, i think i will measure the length myself. xD

Thank you for your advice. We will see what i will get. :)

aramkiss
03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Throughout this post I see mention of names for custom bow string makers. Do any of these have web sites that I can order strings from for my Mystic?

I don't think I will order pink/purple strings like bfisher. I still don't get how that matches your camo bow colour. I don't think it will match with my crimson red bow.

Andre

flytier17
03-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Those colours aren't supposed to match. Bfisher is turning us Hippie!

flytier17
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
P.S. www.prostring.com

bfisher
03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Well.

IN this case i will order a set of cables this month after my holidays. Now i just need to find out the length of my cables. I don't know if i can rely on the sticker on my lower limb. Hm, i think i will measure the length myself. xD

Thank you for your advice. We will see what i will get. :)

Did you check the string/cable lengths in the Bow Cam Charts here on this site? See if they match what's on the limb sticker.

bfisher
03-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Throughout this post I see mention of names for custom bow string makers. Do any of these have web sites that I can order strings from for my Mystic?

I don't think I will order pink/purple strings like bfisher. I still don't get how that matches your camo bow colour. I don't think it will match with my crimson red bow.

Andre

I'm sorry. Thought I answered this before. Try doing a search in the AT classifieds. Type in "custom strings". You get a lot of hits there. Some of the guyd, like Deezlin and Bucknasty don't have a website---yet. But there is information on how to contact them.

There are a lot of them.

MarkFrantz
03-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Andre
Here ya go i just recieved mine and the look great www.mrbowstrings.com a very nice guy , give him a call tell him i recomended him to you !! he will hook you up.