PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone from Martin come here?

Don B
04-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Has anyone seen anybody from the new Martin here on the forum?
They sure are busy on facebook promoting the heck out of Chris Brackett and a few others that are shooting comps.
They are always asking questions about this and that, and when people answer they never reply, just wondering if they really care?
One would think if they wanted any kind of feedback they might pop in here once in a while to see whats going on.
Don.

Sonny Thomas
04-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Know how you feel, Don. People on Pearson Facebook. Chris Johnson, NC. Staff Coordinator, chimes in pretty regular in the Pearson Forums..

bfisher
04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
In all the years (9 of them) I've been a member of this forum the only factory person I can remember getting on here was Joel Clark and not often for him till the very end of Martin being near.

elkslayer4x5
04-10-2014, 10:13 AM
I've always been rather supprized that Martin didn't keep much ( if any ) presence here on this board. All sorts of feedback here!

bfisher
04-10-2014, 03:19 PM
I've always been rather supprized that Martin didn't keep much ( if any ) presence here on this board. All sorts of feedback here!

You're right. Not that we know it all, but if they paid attention to some of the suggestions on here most of their quality problems would be a thing of the past. I know they are addressing some of them, but there are a slew of good ideas that come from the members here.

FishingandHuntingUSA
04-10-2014, 07:49 PM
ttt

FishingandHuntingUSA
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
ttt

madman350
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
that's pretty well said coming from someone who is investing in martins products , and glad to see you in support for martin and their recent efforts . im sure they are savvy enough to realize that if when needed, this forum is a resource of ideas,info etc from its members , and if any of these ideas,info will translate into better products , that are still cost efficient, or ways to keep old customers satisfied while attracting new ones they'll jump on it. how many hours managment spends or doesnt spend on stupid face book isn't a very viable indicator of whether they are heading the "right direction" . I'd much rather a CEO be involved in the plant or engineering room etc vs posting polls on social media on how to run their company and saying hi to everyone daily.

otisT
04-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Martin, 'new' or 'old' would go a long ways before they found a more loyal customer base than most here. I don't think anyone here wants to sit down with their engineers to design new cams and such; just want a chance to offer ideas which might HELP Martin, be it CS improvements or bow lengths, ect, ect. These good folks BUY Martin bows; most, it seems, have for years and years, so might just accidently have ideas to offer as to WHY. These are Martin's return customers. They don't wish to compete with Martin in the market place. They would just like to help Martin back ito competing in the market place!

Wow! I finally remember that word a Canadian friend of mine used to use; 'Snarky' it was!! Maybe my memory is... is... is what? Best, all... o

CaptJJ
04-10-2014, 08:43 PM
From the main page under "Martin Tech Forum":

This forum is for discussions about Martin equipment only. All others use the General forum.Get answers from Martin equipment owners like yourself. You don't need to register to post a question. If you would like to register, you will receive an E-mail when your question is answered. NOTE: Martin Tech support does not answer questions raised on this website. Martin Tech Support is available Monday - Friday, PST 8:00A - 4:30P via the Martin Website contact page, or by phone.

GB3YO
04-10-2014, 11:05 PM
they r on AT the CEO has posted a few things

Sonny Thomas
04-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Silence is Golden.... They may just be watching, but no one on one stuff. I'd imagine their PMs would be overflowing, questions to no end, desires to no end...

droppixel
04-11-2014, 10:40 PM
There is absolutely no reason why members of the management team at Martin should not be members and contribute to a forum that lives and breathes on their website. This forum is the lifeblood behind the company and everyone that is a regular here will go down kicking and screaming to defend them. I know I would and if I were on the management team, I'd be all over this sucker.

typically8
04-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I have often wondered why there was such a disconnect. I guess at the end of the day we have each other. :)

otisT
04-12-2014, 10:01 PM
To quote Sonny; "I'd imagine their PMs would be overflowing, questions to no end, desires to no end..." But wouldn't they, aren't they, facing the same result by posting on AT, and to a, perhaps, less friendly 'audience'? Aren't most here also members of AT, can't they ask or suggest on there the same as here? I'm not on AT, have no desire to be, but am more of a 'fan' of the good, friendly and helpful people on this site than I am of Martin, and since studying up, I've become a real 'fan' of Gail Martin. For the die hard, good folks, Martin supporters on here and for ol' Gail, I'd like the best for Martin company. I've only owned/own one Martin bow and will probably never buy another bow of any name. Just an everyday consumer who's at an age where I'm about done 'consuming' new bows. If they desire truly 'helpful criticism', this would be the place to get it. It actually seemed to me that the folks here more desired for Martin to succeed than the 'old' Martin people did; wish the same for the 'new' Martin, and would love to help them to that end to what extent they are able... Best to all... o

Durandal
04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
I think this old saying applies here. "any fool can give good advice, only the wise have learned to listen"

There is no such thing as too much information or feedback. I know a thing or 2 about running a company and "if" they aren't perusing this forum from time to time, they are wasting a valuable resource. I say "If" because you can come in here, not log in, not leave a trace and still read through every post.

The fact is, we don't know.

cheers!