PDA

View Full Version : String Suppressor for Cheetah?

geronimo
03-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a 2008 Cheetah bow and want to know if the rear threaded hole is 90 degrees to the string so I can install a string supressor.

bfisher
03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
So as not to think you're being ignored I have to say "I don't know". Sorry I'm of so little help.

PM PUG over on www.archerytalk.com. He's a service technician at Martin so should know.

Highlander
03-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Ther is a rear hole for mounting a STS, not threadad. The rear hole has a set screw to secure the STS.

MarkFrantz
03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Ther is a rear hole for mounting a STS, not threadad. The rear hole has a set screw to secure the STS.

Take a combonation or Bow Square and check the angle from the hole in the riser , stick something in the hole and check it to your strings ! My buddy just bought a 08 Cheetah and the hole wasnt threaded either , so i took a Bottom tap and tapped it for him . or Go on the www.duravane.com and check out there new front mount string tamer they just released them , i just bought a front mount Fuse Stealth Shot for my Cheetah and it works perfect.

geronimo
03-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I just got my STS String Suppressor for my 08 Cheetah. Even though I had to do some sanding to get the end in the hole, it fits perfect and has reduced vibration and noise to an acceptable level.