PDA

View Full Version : Bow age

BCR1985
04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Ive got an old howatt hunter with serial number 6470. Any idea as to age? Fast flight or b50?

Thanks

Hutch~n~Son Archery
04-25-2014, 09:10 PM
If you post a pic we should be able to help you. But as for the string material Fast flight or b55 should do.

Hutch

elkslayer4x5
04-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Really the best place to find out the age of your Howatt is the stickbow's Leatherwall board. One of the regulars there is Larry Harfield, who work for Damon Howatt and then Martin as a bowyer, and probably made your bow. He can tell you if your bow is fast flight compatable. There also several other Howatt owners/collecters on that board, we can guess here, but they know. As Hutch says, post a pic of the bow, featuring the riser, limb tips, specs, and the limbs decals. That is also what the guys over here will want to see. :) You'll have to join bowsite to post. And if no one has said it.. Welcome to this site!
http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/THREADSx2.CFM

BCR1985
05-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Been having some trouble posting a pic on here, but I will give you the specs listed on the limb for my super diablo: 40#@28"
ESO 3931
amo 60"
In the interim, I'll definitely check out the leatherwall!

Best,
Ed

elkslayer4x5
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
If it has AMO written on it, is no older than 1968, as that was the first year that AMO was written on all bows. Dating of Damon Howatt bows is usually done by the decals on the limbs.
To post pics, click on the 4th icon from the right, then click "Basic Uploader" on the lower right of the box that will appear, then click "From Computer" on the upper left, then browse your photo files for the pic that you want.